A great Bill Murray interview - finally!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great Bill Murray interview - finally!

While at work, I came upon a Bill Murray interview and for those who don't know, he rarely sits down and does an interview. Amazing. Especially the part where he reveals he's only seen one episode of Seinfeld and that it was the finale, and not funny!. Amen.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cele...n-gq-interview
    Last edited by dog678; 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM. Reason: I'm a writer, duh!

Re: A great Bill Murray interview - finally!

Good stuff. Thanks for the link, dog678.

HH

Comment

This interview is pretty awesome. God, Bill Murray is great. I wish he put more effort into his career and made some comedies.

Comment

Ran into him the other day here on the Vineyard. He was carrying a hammer out of the hardware store, with a girl I've never seen. He summers here, or used to, and I used to see him every other August, at the Agricultural Fair. I've seem him more than my brother over the past few years.

I dare say he's normally ornery, but he was in a pleasant-enough mood, and (this never gets old) he got me with the usual inside jab: "You're right. Nobody cares."

Man, what a memory!

...To explain, last year at the Playhouse, he was schmoozing with some tourist broad, and I was drunk and loafing. Familiar with the urban (New York) legend alluded to in the interview (which was very telling, yet expected, by the way) I tiptoed behind him and cupped my palms around his eyes. He wheeled around, more than annoyed (he's more ornery than most) and I said, "No one will care."

Comment

I remember reading a cover story on him in the NY Times magazine when he was promoting "Rushmore". The reporter was with him in a car. Bill's behind the wheel, making jokes about the lousy drivers. The man's a nut.
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Wouldn't want to date myself or anything (so to speak), but I was watching SNL during its second season with some friends, and Bill Murray showed up in a skit, and a girl in the group said, "Oh, that's the new guy." For some reason, that offhand comment stuck in my head and never left. From then until now, whenever I see him in a movie, or hear or read about him, I say to myself, "Yeah, he's the new guy."

Comment

Here the man dumpster diving on Letterman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4mRwbUQRzo
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                Here the man dumpster diving on Letterman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4mRwbUQRzo
                It look like he got a cut on the side of his head.

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

I think it's sort of great how far out of touch he is with pop culture. He's just off in his own orbit.

Comment

Working...
                  X