Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two 3D Shark Horror Movies Coming Soon

... Wonder which one will be slightly less terrible? Beware that the video for the latter movie is a promo/sales trailer, so it does cover some spoiler-ish territory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXo_SAgz0cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxqkqXzCAU

If interested, here's a bit more about the latter film...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/207...ie-supermarket

Side Note: Too bad Done Deal doesn't have the capability of embedding YouTube videos on/in threads as some other message boards/forums do.

Re: Two 3D Shark Horror Movies Coming Soon

At last! The poor guys behind 'Bait' have been faced with so many delays it's great that it's finally going to be released. (It was called 'Wait' by most people because of the many pauses in production)

It had the simplest concept possible "Sharks in a Mall" but it seems to have been pretty difficult to put together - I think it was a coproduction with Singapore as well as being 3-D .. both first time experiences for the production team.

It will be interesting to see how well it does in the market.

Mac
    New blogposts:
    *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
    *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
    *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
    *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

I'm supporting BAIT because I know two of the writers brought in to polish the script, however Shark Night looks like it has a better production value. The trailer for Bait isn't that good unfortunately either.

Let's hope Bait does well.
      Last edited by one seven spectrum; 07-03-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Jeez, you wait 10 years for a 3D shark movie and then two come at the same time:P

Comment

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post
          The trailer for Bait isn't that good unfortunately either.

Let's hope Bait does well.
          I agree - I'm wanting it to succeed as well but that trailer was pretty poor. I'm no expert in making trailers so I'm a bit unsure of what would be ideal ... but some focus on the character we are empathising with might work - put the audience in their shoes. It looked low budget too, which didn't help.

I really don't know the best way to do it - it's a real art form in itself .. but this one missed the mark for me. Hopefully it's just a test preview and they'll have a great trailer for the cinema.

When trailers work well they are amazing.

Mac
          New blogposts:

Comment

Yeah, the pace of it was like those "Last week on Grey's Anatomy" intros.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac H. View Post
              I agree - I'm wanting it to succeed as well but that trailer was pretty poor. I'm no expert in making trailers so I'm a bit unsure of what would be ideal ... but some focus on the character we are empathising with might work - put the audience in their shoes. It looked low budget too, which didn't help.

I really don't know the best way to do it - it's a real art form in itself .. but this one missed the mark for me. Hopefully it's just a test preview and they'll have a great trailer for the cinema.

When trailers work well they are amazing.

Mac

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post
              Yeah, the pace of it was like those "Last week on Grey's Anatomy" intros.

I guess you guys somehow missed what I wrote in the original above post:
              "... Beware that the video for the latter movie is a promo/sales trailer... "

Comment

And you missed that we wouldn't have bought it based on that trailer

Comment

Originally posted by J Linc View Post
                  I guess you guys somehow missed what I wrote in the original above post:
                  "... Beware that the video for the latter movie is a promo/sales trailer... "
                  That makes it worse. A promo/sales trailer that doesn't sell the film?

I can't imagine they actually licensed the music from Inception - so what's the deal with that ?

They can't put the trailer on you-tube (or let it be deliberately leaked) and then back-pedal by claiming that it wasn't really a trailer intended to get people interested in the film !

Mac
                  New blogposts:

Comment

Marc Fennell got round to reviewing the trailer to 'Bait'.

He described it as 'This has got to be one of the worst attempts at a trailer ever seen....'

For those who aren't familiar with his work - 'coming sooner' is a film review site which reviews trailers instead of films.

There is one point where we disagree - he gives them the benefit of the doubt and assumes that they actually licensed the music from 'Inception'.

Mac
                    New blogposts:

Comment

My prayers have been answered! Eat it, Jaws!

Comment

Working...
                      X