Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Smith's Red State

The most impressive thing about this first look at Kevin Smith's upcoming horror film is that you'd never guess it was a Kevin Smith film
    http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b21294...ign=rss_videos

Re: Kevin Smith's Red State

a bunch of jesus freaks killing each other? zombies perhaps? a crazed reverend that sings while he kills people? republicans pissed off at losing another election and start killing all democrats in the state? i'm lost.
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Some old guy singing a hymn over disjointed, random shots of nothing.

Fire the trailer editor immediately before people make pre-judgments the way I just did.

Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Telly View Post
        Pass.
        Yeah, the ad' said the same thing to me.

I'll catch it on a free view one time though - it's gotta be better than the mess that was Chasing Amy (and don't even get me started on Dogma!).
        Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

It's a rough draft teaser, guys. Obviously, it's not done.

That said, I'm interested.
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
            It's a rough draft teaser, guys. Obviously, it's not done.
            What kind of prodco let's the public see a "rough draft" of a teaser? That would be the first I've ever seen. You'll have to excuse my ignorance in judging this based on what looks like a teaser that's been locked and released to the public.

Do you know when the final version of the teaser will be cut and released?

All I'm saying is, if you told me this was 100 unrelated shots from various horror films smashed together under some old guys singing a hymn, I'd believe you.

Comment

All of my facebook friends are flipping out over it because it's a Kevin Smith film. I couldn't make it through a 2 minute trailer without closing the window. How the hell am I supposed to make it through a 90 minute film?
              2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

never been a kevin smith fan so i could care less who did it. unless it's been stated that it's a "rough draft" teaser somewhere officially and that it wasn't meant to be released yet (because i can't see a company releasing a 'rough draft' for any purpose after spending hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars on a film) then i'm still lost and will still plan on skipping it unless the official "trailer" runs circles around what's been posted already once it's released.
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

At the risk of sounding like Biohazard, I have no idea what the hell this movie's supposed to be about. Until then...yeah, I'll skip it. Smith isn't that good of a writer/director for me to just up and go see anything of his.

HH

Comment

I recall him saying in an interview that at this point, the only audience he expects to go see his movies are the people that go see Kevin Smith movies.

I suppose the teaser is for those folks.
                    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Kevin Smith sucks and he has for at least a decade.

Comment

Looks intriguing to me. A horror version of Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church? I'd watch that! (Of course I loved Chasing Amy, so what do I know?)

Comment

Normally I dislike Kevin Smith, but I wouldn't mind a religion bashing movie, especially one directed at the religious right wing nuts in the U.S.

The bigger question is, whether this will draw a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
                            I wouldn't mind a religion bashing movie, especially one directed at the religious right wing nuts in the U.S.
                            Agreed. But man, they screwed this trailer up something fierce.

Comment

Originally posted by Telly View Post
                              Agreed. But man, they screwed this trailer up something fierce.
                              I'm sure there's some kind of plot involved in this film. This trailer seems like it was made for the fanboy base that will lap up any scraps that Kevin Smith tosses to the floor. This trailer was probably just a little scrap, and there must be something more commercial for in-theater promo. Especially considering this is trying to make it into Sundance, I'll bet they're trying to keep things under wraps until it's premiere.

I'm withholding judgment, that's all. Yes, the trailer sucks ass, but I doubt this will be the only one. There have been some decent endorsements of the film as well that cause me to do so--

Richard Kelly --

"I have never seen a filmmaker reinvent himself the way you just have. I won't say anything else because I don't want to spoil anything. It's really really exciting. If the movie ends up playing at Sundance, I might actually come up to just see the audience's response. I can not wait…"[18]
                              author Neil Gaiman posted a comment on his Twitter feed saying: "Best thing he's ever done. Left me shaken & grateful & wanting to make art."[17]

Comment

Working...
                              X