Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Films about Witness Protection Program?

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
    Oh yeah, absolutely, in fact that was one of the first flicks that came to mind when I started toying with a new idea for a script.

Also, at the end of GOODFELLAS, isn't Liotta in the WPP, living an ordinary life that he can't stand?
    I thought about goodfellas but that happens at the end. Maybe u could envision what could happen afterwards?
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Running on Empty is a similar theme but the opposite of the protection program, criminals on the run assuming new identities to avoid arrest.

Comment

I have a *script* like that - LAST STAND.

- Bill
        Free Script Tips:
        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Also, MEN AT WORK 2.

Btw, I don't know if it's still as good as it was, but a couple of years ago, there were some real whack job groupies posting on the MEN AT WORK IMDB forum page. I wish I had saved the posts.

ETA: I mean Another Steakout.

Comment

Re. Another Steakout, here's an example of the nut job postings on IMDB:

"Maddin is a huuuuge fan. The Saddest Music in the World is pretty much just a love letter to Another Stakeout."

and this (from the same thread on AS influences):

"Three words: Michael Bay. Have you not seen Pearl Harbour? It's rife with AS references, from Affleck's overt Chris Lecce-modeled characterization to the staged narrative rupture that is the Rosie-as-third-wheel Japanese bombing attack."

Oh lord, I think I'm going to have to rent it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
              Re. Another Steakout, here's an example of the nut job postings on IMDB:

"Maddin is a huuuuge fan. The Saddest Music in the World is pretty much just a love letter to Another Stakeout."

and this (from the same thread on AS influences):

"Three words: Michael Bay. Have you not seen Pearl Harbour? It's rife with AS references, from Affleck's overt Chris Lecce-modeled characterization to the staged narrative rupture that is the Rosie-as-third-wheel Japanese bombing attack."

Oh lord, I think I'm going to have to rent it tonight.
              Reminds me of that Tarantino monologue about Top Gun being a metaphor for a gay man coming out of the closet.

Comment

OK, so I just watched SMOKING ACES... obviously, if that was a Witness Protection Program, well then he wasn't too protected now, was he? They needed Arnold on his ass.

I can see why people like it, but the next time a rep or producer tells me one of my scripts is too "complicated," I'll be sure to point out that flick...

...even though my "too complicated" has nothing to do with the fact that there are so many characters and such a convoluted story that you lose track of all the elements and end up not caring about any of it

There were some nice touches though, for sure.

Comment

well whatever you do....don't bother watching the movie Federal Protection....it just came on last night around 2 in the morning....i watched it to go to sleep since it looked pretty lame, and that had to be the worst 45 mins of movie footage i've sen since i don't know when. not sure how you can make a film in 2002 and have it feel like 1985 unintentionally, but they did it. stay away from it. you've been warned.
                  One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                  X