No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP Endeavor IPO

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
    I don't know why agents aren't bailing. I mean, I get that they think they're going to have a windfall payday, but can't they see the writing on the wall? You can't cash in on stock that doesn't exist.

Think first of the year they start letting people go? It's crazy. I can't find anything on twitter about it either.
    Mid-tiers are likely currently in some kind of talks with WGA, now that they don't really have to take the bullet for Ari to get his IPO. it's only been about three weeks since the guild elections and there are probably a lot of moving parts if they're speaking to each agency separately at this point

https://deadline.com/2019/10/writers...cm-1202752869/

Take it fwiw, from a board member about state of affairs at WME:

https://twitter.com/Beckylooo/status...55992948883456

"I had a convo with someone in the position to know things the other day. Quote, "The party line is 'we're gonna be fine' but they're not. They're in trouble."

Corporations settle up on compensation bonuses at the end of the year so things might not come to a head with agents wanting to be made whole for their equity stakes until that time (though the way grapevines work in the agencies, the truly fed up ones often don't wait for the other shoe to drop and take the initiative themselves to leave)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
      Mid-tiers are likely currently in some kind of talks with WGA, now that they don't really have to take the bullet for Ari to get his IPO. it's only been about three weeks since the guild elections and there are probably a lot of moving parts if they're speaking to each agency separately at this point

https://deadline.com/2019/10/writers...cm-1202752869/

Take it fwiw, from a board member about state of affairs at WME:

https://twitter.com/Beckylooo/status...55992948883456

"I had a convo with someone in the position to know things the other day. Quote, "The party line is 'we're gonna be fine' but they're not. They're in trouble."

Corporations settle up on compensation bonuses at the end of the year so things might not come to a head with agents wanting to be made whole for their equity stakes until that time (though the way grapevines work in the agencies, the truly fed up ones often don't wait for the other shoe to drop and take the initiative themselves to leave)
      Do you think the big4 are denying it, so that it doesn't disrupt in house employees? Goodman says they've been in talks the big4 all deny it.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

If you're fired here's how it works: They call you into their office (the Dept heads, partners don't fukk with that sh!t) "Today's you're last official day. We'll give you a week to clean out your things and figure out your next step." That week you clean your sh!t out while frantically alerting clients, while frantically trying to land something else, and calling in favors."

I think what's going on now is the new agents don't know sh!t other than what they're told "We'll be fine..." Midlevels and slightly higher meeting behind everyone's back (not inviting young agents in on this powwow) and some of them trying to formulate a plan, "Do we start a boutique? Who would we want? What younger agents are super stars that we should try to bring over? And what clients do you think would go with you?"

Meanwhile the partners don't know they're meeting in secrecy, but suspect it.

Meanwhile the partners are meeting in secrecy and not including the midlevels in on this convo, and the midlevels suspect as much.

I think it's some version of that. And I think company morale is TENSE.

I will not be surprised if agents begin to split come Jan 1 after year end bonuses go out.
        Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/03/longt...lsh-exits-wme/

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
            If you're fired here's how it works: They call you into their office (the Dept heads, partners don't fukk with that sh!t) "Today's you're last official day. We'll give you a week to clean out your things and figure out your next step." That week you clean your sh!t out while frantically alerting clients, while frantically trying to land something else, and calling in favors."

I think what's going on now is the new agents don't know sh!t other than what they're told "We'll be fine..." Midlevels and slightly higher meeting behind everyone's back (not inviting young agents in on this powwow) and some of them trying to formulate a plan, "Do we start a boutique? Who would we want? What younger agents are super stars that we should try to bring over? And what clients do you think would go with you?"

Meanwhile the partners are meeting in secrecy and not including the midlevels in on this convo, and the midlevels suspect as much.

I will not be surprised if agents begin to split come Jan 1 after year end bonuses go out.

This makes me want to watch some ENTOURAGE for old-times' sake. Get out the paint gun 'cause payback is a bi-yatch!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post

yeah, i think your suspicions are correct. First of the year looks like we could see a Black Friday scenario.
              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
              X