How will Endeavor merger with William Morris affect you?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Endeavor merger with William Morris affect you?

Rumor has it they merge this week. Or is it a Done Deal already? If I missed it forgive me. I was having tea and crumpets with Mel Gibson and Oxana. Or was it caviar and vodka with Putin and his bro Raz?

Will the merger result in an overall agent down-sizing? Yes. Not that I've been waiting on a call from a Big 5 agency, but there will surely be a trickle-down effect that bumps former 'big' agents down to the 'mid' status and former 'mids' will bump the training-wheels agents.

And which 'mid' will bump up to take Endeavors' spot on the list of 'Bigs'?

Where will the out of work agents go? They'll become managers! Or we'll see them on DD as passionate screenwriters. Hey, they had the connections, why not?
    Farnsworth! Farnsworth! Somebody get Farnsworth on the phone! Egads.
    No offense meant. I just like to shout Farsworth! And I'm rather partial to egads.
    Doth thou desirest a slapping? - William Shakespeare

Re: How will Endeavor merger with William Morris affect you?

Originally posted by Charisma View Post
    Rumor has it they merge this week. Or is it a Done Deal already? If I missed it forgive me. I was having tea and crumpets with Mel Gibson and Oxana. Or was it caviar and vodka with Putin and his bro Raz?

Will the merger result in an overall agent down-sizing? Yes. Not that I've been waiting on a call from a Big 5 agency, but there will surely be a trickle-down effect that bumps former 'big' agents down to the 'mid' status and former 'mids' will bump the training-wheels agents.

And which 'mid' will bump up to take Endeavors' spot on the list of 'Bigs'?

Where will the out of work agents go? They'll become managers! Or we'll see them on DD as passionate screenwriters. Hey, they had the connections, why not?
    Farnsworth! Farnsworth! Somebody get Farnsworth on the phone! Egads.
    No offense meant. I just like to shout Farsworth! And I'm rather partial to egads.
    I disagree with you. And I think you are full of it. I believe the merger will result in a huge WM juggernaut that will slap CAA across their insolent chops.

I also think that writers will benefit from a merger. The desperate agents seeing their heads on the chopping block will immediately sign a wave of new talent to 'walk' away with. Best to acquire some slaves before the world knows you are no longer king.

I do however agree that a few fired agents will become managers. I'll grudgingly grant you that.

Strange. I too enjoy an exhilarating Farnsworth shout out every once in a great while! I always learn something from your posts Charisma. Usually that you're waaay dumber than I previously thought you were.

And quit PM'ing me or I'll report you.

Comment

Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

*so confused*

Comment

um...would we be interrupting, charisma, if we responded or did you want some alone time?
          "I wrote my first novel because I wanted to read it." - Toni Morrison

www.ttaraturk.com

Comment

Wow.
            ScreenQuery.com | $5.50 Query Blast Service
            ScreenQuery Monthly Genre Contests - Coming Soon!

Comment

C'mon Charisma, you FIRST need to logout and then login as your other user name before you reply (to yourself).

Comment

That was freaky.

Comment

No it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by PaleWriter View Post
                    C'mon Charisma, you FIRST need to logout and then login as your other user name before you reply (to yourself).
                    This IS the entertainment biz isn't it? Thought I'd entertain a bit.

'If nobody will play with me I'll just have to play with_______.
                    Er. 'by' myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Charisma View Post
                      This IS the entertainment biz isn't it? Thought I'd entertain a bit.

'If nobody will play with me I'll just have to play with_______.
                      Er. 'by' myself.

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...play.php?f=133
                      ScreenQuery.com | $5.50 Query Blast Service
                      ScreenQuery Monthly Genre Contests - Coming Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby-throated phil View Post
                        No it wasn't.
                        Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
                          Agreed.
                          http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Now what happens?
                            "I wrote my first novel because I wanted to read it." - Toni Morrison

www.ttaraturk.com

Comment

Unless this topic takes a drastic turn into the original question...
                              Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Working...
                              X