Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political question

Would you send a query to an agent if you find out that he's a Republican?

Re: Political question

Originally posted by mistyritters View Post

Would you send a query to an agent if you find out that he's a Democrat?

Personally, I would query agents that have great track records selling scripts and getting their clients gigs. But then again, I'm interested in continuing to work as a screenwriter.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure what politics has to do with it. I work with people every day who don't share my political views.

I guess an argument could be made that a manager who shares the same political views might have the same sensibilities as the writer, and the business relationship would be that much better.

But I think it's a flimsy argument.

HH

Comment

am I the only one who doesn't actually think it was a legitimate question?

Comment

Does your spec have something to do with showing a specific party in a better light?

Comment

Utterly ridiculous.

Comment

No. Only Communists.

If only I could find them. Wait, I think someone put together a list. If anyone has it, could you PM me? Thanks.

Originally posted by Levenger View Post
              No, you are not the only one. In fact, I am compiling a list. I'll add your name.

And rather than even PM you the details, just let me know where you go to get your Halloween pumpkin. That's where I'll leave you the microfilm. No. Make that a microchip.

Comment

Funny...

Comment

Tea party or moderate? It makes a difference.
                  If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                  Dave Barry

Comment

I imagine if it's an issue now, it would be an issue if he signed you and you had to work with him.
                    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenger View Post
                      Ranks in my top 5 of most absurd and ridiculous threads ever started on Done Deal. And that's saying something...
                      twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
                        Ranks in my top 5 of most absurd and ridiculous threads ever started on Done Deal. And that's saying something...
                        You can't have been here very long, Michael.
                        TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

The original question is obviously a joke or a troll .... but it does highlight something about the US that outsiders often find very weird.

Where I come from people simply don't identify with political parties like people in the US do. Sure - there's always the odd enthusiast, but generally people talk about 'I am a Labor voter' ... not about 'I am Labor'.

I wonder how much language actually affects this issue - like how disability advocates try to use 'people first' language: "A person with Down Syndrome" .v. "A Down Syndrome person".

I'm just guessing the question would appear even more absurd if it was phrased "Someone who votes differently to me" instead of "Someone who is different."

Vive la différence!

Mac
                          New blogposts:
                          *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
                          *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
                          *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
                          *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

despite the original post, the responses have made this thread read worthy.

i always open my conversation with "are you pansy liberal or gun totin', god fearin' repub"? it gets things out in the open and is quite the ice breaker...

Comment

Various answers.

Is this a joke?

Find out the political leanings of their script readers and decide based upon that.

If your script is especially anti-Republican, take pause.

Yes, unless he's one of those Mormon heathens.

No, his trickle down economics means you'll be the one getting only 10% of the sale.

"The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X