No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen...

i don't remember.

certianly not The Hills Have Eyes (2006), although Emilie De Ravishing's 5 o'clock axillary shadow (deck chair shot) was pretty unsettling.
    The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Rosemary's Baby and Exorcist.

There was a movie I remember seeing as a kid that scared me for a long time. I don't know if it was ever in the theater. It had Loretta Swit in it I think. There was a family vacationing in a camper and there were these devil worshipers they spotted out in the woods. It was so scary because as it turned out, everyone in the town including the sheriff were all part of the group and were out to get them. Anyone know the movie I'm describing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy Lime
        Most scared I've ever been?

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF. Saw this Michael Landon vehicle when I was 5 years old. Nearly pissed myself in fear.
        Hahaha.... I caught this on MST3K once...

Comment

Race with the Devil....that's the movie. I just looked it up. Had Peter Fonda it too.

Comment

Originally posted by cbradstreet
            Rosemary's Baby and Exorcist.

There was a movie I remember seeing as a kid that scared me for a long time. I don't know if it was ever in the theater. It had Loretta Swit in it I think. There was a family vacationing in a camper and there were these devil worshipers they spotted out in the woods. It was so scary because as it turned out, everyone in the town including the sheriff were all part of the group and were out to get them. Anyone know the movie I'm describing?
            Race with the Devil. It came out on DVD recently, but I'll have to warn you...it seriously doesn't hold up to memories.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

As a kid, The Exorcist and Wolfen scared me and I wanted more.
              As a teenager, Nightmare on Elm Street and Alien gave me a spook.
              In the past ten years, the original Japanese Ringu trilogy made me shiver.
              Recently? I've been hoping for a real big scare and got nothing.
              A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
              Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
              Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Originally Posted by cluckyburger
                well, if you mean seeing something horrifying and stomach turning that stayed with me for days and nights afterward it would be IRREVERSIBLE

Originally posted by Originally Posted by [B
                Stephen Wegmann[/B]
                I always hear about this movie but have no clue what its about. . .
                It's a great movie to watch with your whole family.
                Last edited by Pencey; 09-05-2006, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbradstreet
                  Race with the Devil....that's the movie. I just looked it up. Had Peter Fonda it too.
                  Is being remade with producer Chris Moore directing. Little bit o' trivia for ya.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454924/

Comment

The Changeling
                    The Shining
                    Blair Witch Project

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30
                      Race with the Devil. It came out on DVD recently, but I'll have to warn you...it seriously doesn't hold up to memories.
                      Oh yeah, I remember this one...

Saw it in the theater when I was very young. I was so freaked out, I had to leave the theater with my father in tow. As an adult, it's not so scary.

As for Poltergeist...it has one of the scariest scenes ever--the one in with the clown when he looks under the bed...

The scariest movie ever is hard to determine. Blair Witch was merely creepy and didn't get scary until the end. I guess I'd have to go with The Ring as being the scariest because it was basically creepy/scary all the way through. The girl coming through the TV, the fly on the TV that the woman didn't know was part of the film or not, the girl coming out of the well...

It was eerie and scary but without being a cookie-cutter slasher flick.

Comment

Deliverance. Real characters, nothing that couldn't happen in real life. Rape. In rural Florida I delivered pizza to some people who might fit the bill of the hillbillies.

Comment

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Seriously. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but the memory of that guy with the net trying to catch the children still freaks me out.

Comment

I'm with you on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Just that part with the child catcher! Scared me everytime.

Comment

KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS. First R rated movie I ever saw in a theater. William Shatner fights a turantula invasion.
                              Agreed. Saw this when I was about 10. The final shot lives with me forever.

BLAIR WITCH PROJECT. I saw it the day it opened and allowed myself to believe the marketing campaign that it was actually found footage. It's amazing what your mind can do to you when you force yourself to believe something.
                              Indeed. Had to leave the theatre. My wife wouldn't go into the basement for 4 months.

Also, I'll add my first scary pic: Salem's Lot. Sitting in the basement at a friend's house. Several times I ran up the stairs and straight out the front door, down the street under the bright street lights. Dunno why I thought that would be better, but it was.

My wife's pick: Halloween.

edit: apparently I can't spell Salem.
                              Last edited by Pipe; 09-06-2006, 04:55 AM.
                              Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

"Day of the Triffids"
                                "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"
                                "Silence of the Lambs"

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Working...
                                X