Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost S03e08

Okay theroies, discussions, oohs and ahhs, likes and dislikes (pertaining to the episode)

I don't want a thread about how many views the show had, how many viewers the show had, how much people hate the show/have wet dreams about the show (you can talk about how you hated/loved the episode though) or how much everyone wants to sleep with Kate...on second thought...no yeah you can talk about that.

Got it? Don't make me break out the angry smiley...I'll use it twice if I have to so help me God people.

Begin.
    One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Re: Lost S03e08

Wow great idea Ozfade I'll kick things off:

So Charlie's going to kick the bucket apparently...wait...Charlie...Bucket. Damn there must be some connection to Willy Wonka or Roald Dahl! Think about it!

Hurley could be Augustus Gloop! There must be more guys!

Comment

Get the fudge out of my office.

Comment

First of all -- I don't want to sleep with Kate. I LOVE Claire (I already checked, Mrs. Deraven is already married).

I don't know about the timeloop thing. He can see the future past when he turned the Key? I would have bought it if he had just relived his life twice up until that point -- but to know everything past that point -- too much.
        "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Alas...I also am in love with Claire...wait...no I'm in love with Zooey Deschanel. Ahh...inspiration for a mermaid

Comment

I'll stick with my theory I've had all along. I think all of these people on the island are prisoners in a new jail. They are hooked up to a machine that allows them to serve their jail time in a computer generated software program that is a test for Dharma. The test is the computer, in other words the person may think they have been on the island for 3 or 10 years when in reality they've only been on the island for a few minutes or days.

Once the person has achieved a goal (or been rehabilitated) then they will be unhooked from the machine and released.

I read an article where the producers said the people could leave the island once they find out something about themselves.

I actually got this idea from an old show on Outer Limits. The guy on Fraiser played in the show and he was hooked up to a new machine that was meant to serve as jail time. He thought he had done several years in prison when in reality he had only been hooked up to the machine for 20 minutes. He lived a lifetime in less than 20 minutes. It was a great concept.

The airplane crash isn't realistic. There are several problems with it. First, most if not all of the people on the flight have killed or murdered someone -impossible! Second, the chances of even 2 or 3 people surviving a crash like that are remote at best...much less 46 plus the tail section and so forth.....impossible. I don't think the flight ever happened and it was a way for the software program to introduce the people into the computer generated environment.

This of course also explains why Desmond can see the future. It's because he's lived through the software program many times. He knows what will happen before it happens. He isn't traveling through time, he is living in a software program that starts and stops.

I could go on but you get my idea. Right or wrong it is my theory.

Sparks

Comment

I like that theory a lot!!!!!

It reminds me of the star trek episode where picard lived an entire lifetime in a matter of four hours-- To date, that is still my favorite sci-fi concept.
              "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Uhmm. That has already been done. It's called The Matrix. If that's LOST's cheesy conclusion it'll be a little underwhelming. Besides, Michael already left the island. What did he learn about himself; That he is capable of murder under the most extreme conditions? "Well, Michael, we feel, as your judges, that you should be free to leave this prison now that you've realized that you give into your desparation. These other people will have to stay here even though they've murdered no one, mind you."

Anyway, I have no theories of my own, but I can freely knock other's. :P

The episode seemed like a waste of an hour to me. I didn't like it. It didn't drive the overall plot forward, besides maybe the last 2 minutes, and I foresee a few more of these useless episodes to come. Next week's episode looks great though. I have to admit.
                Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

You're assuming Michael was actually an islander. Yes he could have been on the plane but he could have been a "plant".

Also, Michael gave up on his son before and allowed his boy to move over seas never seeing him. In the last days Michael went on a rampage and did everything to save his son. He sold out his friends and nothing stopped him from getting his son. So maybe he did learn something. Also, if you remember Ben told Michael how to leave the island.

My theory explains everything but I'll be the first to say it is lame and has a good chance of not being true. It's the best I can come up with though. It explains everything from the visions the islanders see to time travel to stuff falling from the sky.

I too would be disappointed if my theory was right but then again the writers/producers of this show have shown that they don't mind disappointing us.

Sparks

Comment

I disagree with the entire matrix/prison concept due to the fact: We're into the 3rd season and seen nothing of the prison break down ala an a-typical Holodeck Episode.

I think people are looking for more when the entire concept has already been explained:

Survivors of a plane crash fight to survive on a island populated by mysteruous people, animals and oddities created by the Dharma Initiative, a privately funded Think Tank Organization that managed to find a place to play around with their experiements nearly 30 years ago and so far each of these experiments have either broken down or been destroyed.

As for them surviving the the plane crash: People have survived far wost crashes in real life than what happened to 815.

And, until 815 showed up everyone seemed to be living a humdrum life.

The question that has yet to be answered is this: WTF hasn't the Dharma Peeps called the authorities, WTH is Desmond's GF going to arrive ala Jurassic Park 3 with the Navy and how is the Daniel/Alex/"Father" storyline going to play out.

As for this weeks episode: It was enjoyable due to Desmonds background being explained further. It's unfortunate that most his flashbacks was his life flashing before his eyes. If the Jewelery Seller was an Other talking to him through remote viewing/matrix VR Shell while the Dharma Peeps moved his body from the Hatch remains to the surface then I'd lend more credence to your idea Sparks, but there's no evidence to show the old lady is on the island, too.

It was certainly better than previous episodes before the break. I'll continue to watch until the end due to the characters and the location is there, just need to get the train back on the tracks and into a better timeslot, cuz, 10pm is really sucking, I still don't see why this can't be a 8pm show...
                    R.K. Bentley
                    My Blog, My Design Studio
                    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I think they should move to 8 PM. I think it's the obvious reason they're losing viewers. These people tivo it and watch it the next day, which doesn't help ratings.

Ele...

Comment

Theory

I was thinking of one thing and this goes along at least a little with my theory.

Ben told Juliet if she did what he told her then she could go home. Now remember, Ben and ALL OF THE OTHERS have the yacht that Desmond used. Not a single one of them is trying to get off the island and go home. We now know that Juliet "wants" to go home. Why doesn't she and the others just get on the yacht and sail away?

I think it is because they know there is no way off the island by conventinial means....i.e. boat, plane...what ever.

Anyway, just a thought....

Sparks

Comment

I don't mind the 10 pm slot, thought I'm sure it's killing raitings. I think the main reasons it's losing it's audience is not because of time slot, though. It's because people are expecting answers and the answers never come. After so long even the greatest mysteries get stale. Who still cares about Loch Ness or the bermuda triangle? Freshness is key.
                          Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                          Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

I thought last night was huge because it was the first time someone in the outside world (the woman in the jewelry shop) made reference to the island, knew about it, the button, and the necessity for the people on the island to fulfill some purpose. I think the writers have already said that there is not going to be a "they're all in a snow-globe" moment, but I think it is REALLY interesting that now we know that there is someone NOT on the island, who knows about the island, and knows what is going on, on the island. Quite frankly, I find Charlie's character REALLY annoying... there have been far more interesting characters taken off the show (no offense to the actor, it is just that Charlie is always complaining..). Also, Locke needs to stop his crazy "the island is trying to tell us something" shabusiness... its getting on my last nerve. Season 1, when he won the Golden Globe? Emmy? his character was the one who had it together, knew all the survivor skills, was sort of the quiet strength everyone could turn too... now his character has turned into this pathetic, almost creepy, delusional guy who has lost a lot of that cool that won him the award (I think). I think, other than Sawyer, Kate and Jack, the most fun characters to watch are Desmond and Hurley... and I miss the good old days when it was a bunch of cast aways on an island, trying to survive and figure out the secrets of the island.... it bothers me that the secret turned out to be "others" and that the island is being controlled like a giant Science Fair Experiment... that turns our Survivors into Pawns, and takes away a lot of the fun (I think)...
                            www.thesparksfly.com

Comment

does this mean it's time to download another crappy Lost ep? Oz cheers for the subj line. I hate having to google ep guides to know what I need to type into Grabit. "Lost S03e08" it is. This info should be mandatory in TV threads. Easy to loose count, so much great US TV (who'd have thought Heroes, when it first aired, would go on to blow this show outa the water?) UK TV is a basket case. Has anyone seen Westminster Wing/ "Party Animals"? Bloody hell. English Dave, do you know who is responsible for all this wannabe crap? If you do, could you pls have affairs with their wives and ravage their boyfriends.
                              The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Working...
                              X