Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

The promo clip showed Skyler upset about something, she also had blood on her.
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
      The promo clip showed Skyler upset about something, she also had blood on her.
      If I'm not mistaken, think that was when Skyler chased Walt outside after he abducted Holly in that decrepit pickup from last week.

But wow, what a great episode. Masterful in showing the true desperation that all faced in the wake of the last 2 episodes. Jesse's confinement, break for freedom. Walt Jr at school/receiving Walt's call, Skyler at home with Holly, Saul hitting the skids with his 3 pair of dockers. But most compelling was the depiction of Walt the fugitive so isolated with a barrel of cash in the the New Hampshire cabin. That cold, snow-blanketed terrain was breathtaking when Walt emerged after so much time in New Mexico...

Also, that was some stellar casting with Robert Forster. Perfect delivery in the scene with Walt even if they may have over-dramatized the level of his callousness to Walt...
      " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
        I got 54 minutes on ad-free Netflix.

As for guess the ending: Walt takes on Jack, kills everyone. Discovers Jesse is still alive and they go to showdown. The shoo started with them, it ends with them. Either they kill each other or Jesse kills Walt/ as part of his redemption and makes off with the loot, a sizeable amount he donates away.
        I´m guessing also Jesse kills Walter. They def set up the motivation for Jesse. Walter told him he watched Jesse´s gf die, another woman he is fond of was killed right in front of Jesse´s eyes. A threat would have been enough for Jesse to obey I thought.

Another guess is that Walter goes after Jack and Toddd and in an escalation of events the baby might be killed. The baby was featured prominently and I would guess the threat against the baby foreshadowed it. Obviously, Jack and his gang would also kill a child as they said in the last episode. It´s something nobody would really expect to happen, but the setup for it is there and it would be even worse than the killing of Hank. An innocent baby paying for the deeds of her father who wanted to give the best possible future to his family with as much money as he could make with drugs,

Personally, I would like to see Walter die alone, miserable, in a delusional moment when he thought he had everything under control again.

Any sort of happing ending or coming close to a happy ending I would find disappointing and not true to the tone and spirit of Breaking Bad where matters just got worse and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ Scribe View Post
          Also, that was some stellar casting with Robert Forster. Perfect delivery in the scene with Walt even if they may have over-dramatized the level of his callousness to Walt...
          Yes, most definitely. A very strong episode. With Forster, I liked the exchange between his character and WW on the pay to stay/play cards business.
          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Neff View Post
            I´m guessing also Jesse kills Walter.
            Walt kills Jack, Jesse kills Todd, Walt is fatally wounded, Jesse takes the money and raises Brock. Probably in Nebraska under a fake ID from Fake ID Man. The end.
            M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Ire View Post
              Yes, most definitely. A very strong episode. With Forster, I liked the exchange between his character and WW on the pay to stay/play cards business.
              And Ire, man was he/his dialogue terse or what? I was mesmerized by that and his frankness. I also really enjoyed the dialogue with Saul introducing us to him in the first place. If I knew it was to be him, I wish he had been hanging around Saul's office awhile ago in the series...

Saul: So, how's he doing?
              RF: See for yourself

Saul: What's in Nebreska
              RF: You. Forever.

Walt: ... would you get it to them, after I die?
              RF: If I said yes, would you believe me?

heh, heh.
              " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooh Bear View Post
                The ricin is for Lydia and her tea.
                I like this prediction. They have made a pretty good point about how she likes her tea (I think) multiple times.

I guess cancer could kill Walt, but based on how he looks when he returns with the M60, maybe he beats it again.

Seems like Jesse needs to at least kill Todd now as Walt kills the rest.

For some reason, I see Walt (although it could be interesting if it were Jesse) being the next Gus Fring at the end and running a small time business and a major drug operation on the side. It would make more sense character-wise for Walt to do that, but it's hard to imagine how that could realistically happen considering how much people "know" about him. Jesse, on the other hand, is relatively clean in the eye's of the public, so he still stands a chance to live a normal life with a dark secret.
                On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Originally posted by MJ Scribe View Post
                  If I knew it was to be him, I wish he had been hanging around Saul's office awhile ago in the series...
                  Yeah or at least some random scene with him.

Yeah I'd agree the ricin boost for Lydia's chamomile tea with soy makes sense.

If Walt is to have any existence when the show ends, people, maybe everyone has to think that he's dead.

If there had been some different directions taken by Walt's character along the way, that kind of ending would appeal to me. I am one of those who agree like Dr. V and others that the show could have ended at the "I won" line.

But the Mr. Chips to Scarface transition... Walter White was hardly beloved as a teacher. He's been closer to being Scarface than to being Mr. Chips. Between his downward spiral and the rise in sociopathic behavior he has exhibited, I'd be less satisfied with a disappearance ending.
                  #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Maybe Jesse is the sole survivor in the know of blue and he becomes Gus Fring only he runs a nail salon or an arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Earth View Post
                      Maybe Jesse is the sole survivor in the know of blue and he becomes Gus Fring only he runs a nail salon or an arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
                        Walt kills Jack, Jesse kills Todd, Walt is fatally wounded, Jesse takes the money and raises Brock. Probably in Nebraska under a fake ID from Fake ID Man. The end.
                        You don't get second chances with the fake ID man...

as per Saul and Walt's conversation a few episodes ago...
                        INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
                        Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

As it stands, there isn't really much implicating Jesse right now. If he survives Jack and the boys, he could go on to lead a "normal" life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            You don't get second chances with the fake ID man...
                            and you don't get to see him again once he drops you off. Unless of course, you're Walt because as he said to him, well, "you're you..."

Comment

Welp, here's my crackpot theory of the day.
                              You know with only one more day till it all ends, I kinda keep thinking about a certain scene with Marie and her therapist (or whoever that was)...

It was the scene in which she describes looking up untraceable poisons on the internet... and that was before Hank was killed...

It's the kind of scene that could be a "distraction" scene for the audience (hey look over here... you know? Pulling the wool over our eyes.)

But Vince Gilligan has continually said that there is so much story to get through in these last episodes... so my thinking is the writers took the time to include that scene for A REASON.

I think Marie may play a role in the endgame of the show and will try to poison Walt
                              (or end up accidentally poisoning some one else?) *Or perhaps herself?

Perhaps?

On a completely different note:
                              Anybody else think the ricin may be for Gretchen and Elliot?
                              Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 09-28-2013, 12:35 PM.
                              INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
                              Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

I don't think Gretchen and Elliot will be in the final episode. Not only did they serve their purpose last week, but I read they only had a half hour to shoot that one scene while the actress took a break from her play.

I'm guessing Walt is saving the ricin for himself, in case he either gets caught or gives himself up.

Comment

Working...
                                X