Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Point Break remake?

Had a free redbox coupon so I thought I would give the Point Break remake a try. Soooooooooo glad I didn't pay for that mess.

The original is almost sacred (to me at least) and this remake was just horrible.

The acting was flat, everyone in Bodie's team had an accent which is fine but at least enunciate your words-don't mumble, too much cgi (there was even cgi chalk writing on a black board-why oh why?), basic story structure out the window, no emotional investment in any character, disjointed scenes, and even Utah's tattoos that were supposed to be many years old were so perfect and deep black that they looked like freshly applied paint-not like old tattoos.

The only interesting parts were the scenery. Some of the sweeping shots of the landscapes were nice.

Anyone else seen this mess? Would like to hear your thoughts.

Now I gotta go watch The Voice on Hulu to clear my mental palate.

Re: WTF Point Break remake?

I saw it on HBO this Summer. That's about all I can tell you. It wasn't good and I don't remember anything about it which is par for pretty much all remakes and 96% of Marvel movies. It's like I was drugged or hypnotized because an hour after the movie for the life of me I forgot I saw it.

The original was and still is good.

Comment

Stopped watching it halfway through. Utah was bland. Bodhi was totally miscast. No one had any chemistry. Nothing in the way of interesting dialogue. Why was that huge government headquarters practically empty? Not enough money to hire extras?

Plus the movie was way too green.

Comment

The lead character was the worst I've seen in a long time.
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I recall watching it... there was a lame motorbike chase at the start I think, got no idea what was in the middle or how it ended

On the reboot front, there's a remake of Starship troopers in the works

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...thfully-944083
          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I'm with the OP. Point Break really grabbed me when it came out... eventually made me jump out of an airplane.

The remake has a lot of problems- but I have to pick on the old sloppy mythology one:

So they claim that there's the crazy list of 8 feats that some old mystic invented. The robbers in this version are both committing robin hood robberies- as well as combining them with crazy stunts. It's on the list of 8, man. The old monk, man. He made up 8 and these guys have already pulled 3 of the 8.

Then they get later in the plot, and this discount Utah says in all sincerity: "No one knows what #8 is." I hate 'legends' that no one knows about.

Point Break part deux isn't the only one... I still get annoyed at the beginning of LOTR when they say the ring passed out of all knowledge. That is until Gandalf sees it and pretty much knows what it is, and runs to the old library where there's documentation. And oh yeah Elrond was there so he knows the whole deal. As well as every monster in Mordor looking for it. But besides that- no knowledge exists!
            Last edited by ExtHollywoodDay; 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM.
            - - - - - - -
            Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

Working...
            X