No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Major Prodco Exec requested script but need agent or manager

Originally posted by speedyreader310 View Post
    I'm surprised at the number of people who think this is a pass...

Hard to tell what's going on. Could be someone who's newly promoted and hasn't learned to slip things through. Could be someone whose company is lawsuit paranoid and really does have an ironfast no unsolicited submissions policy. Could be this is his way of passing. All production execs deal with managers and agents on a daily basis. Ask him if there's anyone he recommends and and see if he will introduce you. If he really likes your pitch, he'll recommend you. If he skirts your question or doesn't answer, it's a pass.
    You're surprised at the number of people on this board who know what they're talking about? And no, it's really not hard to tell what's going on at all. If he wanted a look, he would've asked for a pdf. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
      Well we just made it to the quarter finals if the Page Awards, that's the top 10%, now if we can just make the semis or win!! Could help us with a lil bump of buzzy-ness ??

http://pageawards.com/past-winners/2...ter-finalists/

Quite a few DDers made it to the Quarters -- myself included. You have some serious competition right here. Check out the Page thread in Contests and join the party!

Comment

Originally posted by DayJobWriter View Post
        Quite a few DDers made it to the Quarters -- myself included. You have some serious competition right here. Check out the Page thread in Contests and join the party!
        cool, thanks for the heads up!
        • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post
          You're surprised at the number of people on this board who know what they're talking about? And no, it's really not hard to tell what's going on at all. If he wanted a look, he would've asked for a pdf. The end.
          I think John August said it best in a podcast,

"Anything other than the actual word 'Yes,' is a pass."

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post

So anyway, the other part of this is I was not the one who pitched, I don't think she even "pitched" him, they just had a great time, and bonded/connected/ with each other over that weekend
            NOW I get it!!!! With that in mind, you should be golden.

In all seriousness, good luck sussing it out.
            "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Working...
            X