Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New agent Sean (Mik'ael) Butler and The Mikael Group

Anyone know anything about him, beyond what you can read on imdb and linkedin? He represents the 3rd highest-rated script/writer of the top uploaded Black List scripts (John Geraci, "Sig"), and he has some actual industry experience, but other than that if anybody has any knowledge to share I'd appreciate it. I got a call from him recently. Please feel free to p.m. me if you prefer...

Re: New agent Sean (Mik'ael) Butler and The Mikael Group

Hi Marcal. Sean is actually my manager and he's great. Very professional, easy to talk to and he does a great job. He left Serendipity Ent (Who I originally signed with) and started The Mikael Group at the end of 2012. I will be sticking with him for years to come because he pays attention to his clients.

I hope I have helped.

- Joshuah Buckle
    "Choice not chance dictates direction, and passion strengthens fortitude"

Comment

How much did he pay you to say that?

Comment

Really mikejc? A little maturity thanks buddy. I appreciate my manager because he does a great job. Don't just comment random things just to get your post numbers up.

Comment

I was obviously kidding. Keep your cool.

Comment

JB - Sean saw my script on the Black List website and got in touch with me. I'm glad to hear your recommendation about him.

If you don't mind me asking, how has he helped you out?
            http://maximumz.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuahBuckle View Post
              Hi Marcal. Sean is actually my manager and he's great. Very professional, easy to talk to and he does a great job. He left Serendipity Ent (Who I originally signed with) and started The Mikael Group at the end of 2012. I will be sticking with him for years to come because he pays attention to his clients.

I hope I have helped.

- Joshuah Buckle
              glad to hear it... i got an nice email from him yesterday asking to resubmit mid-summer. i hope to have someone by then but if not, he sounds like a good one to work with.

Comment

Hey sorry for the late reply. I've been with Sean for a few months now. A bit soon to have a film sold but I've had my work to a few big places because of him and had some rewrite advice from some pretty major studios. In a few short months I've been able to get script advice and work on my films to make them better. He's always working to get stuff out there.

Comment

Could I have his contact info please? He sounds like a great guy.

Comment

Hi:

I received an email from him requesting my screenplay (after I sent him a logline then he requested the synopsis) then he wanted to read it.

I'm glad to hear good things about him. But does anyone know if he's sold any or gotten any writer's work? Just curious.

Also, how long does he take to respond after a submission?

Thanks
                    Rich
                    sigpicWriting is re-writing

Comment

He's based in New York. Isn't there a downside to having an agent or manager there instead of in L.A.? Not that I can afford to be choosy but just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuahBuckle View Post

I hope I have helped.

- Joshuah Buckle
                        I actually queried him for a project I'm looking to make, and he wrote back earlier today requesting the script and a filled out release form. I'm curious if there is anything else you could share about him, as it doesn't appear he has a website- at least none that comes up in any of the google searches I've tried. Like is he more involved with the overall career of people he reps or would it be just the project I am going at him with that potentially interests him? Does he handle directors, or even more technical folks like video editors and DPs, or just writers? What's his response time is like? Nitty- gritty thing like that.
                        Any thoughts on these kinds of details would be appreciated.
                        Watch the award winning feature film Whatever Makes You Happy www.WMYH-film.com

Comment

Just bumping this. Any more recent impressions?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X