Good managers to query for an animated feature script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good managers to query for an animated feature script?

So, I researched the writers of most of the high profile animated releases of 2013 on IMDBPro, but most of them list agents rather than managers.

Does anyone have recommendations on what managers I should query for a mainstream feature animated script?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

Re: Good managers to query for an animated feature script?

My understanding is there really aren't any - most animated feature scripts are developed in-house. At least, that's what I've always been told.
    Patrick Sweeney

Comment

That makes sense, but rather discouraging.

Comment

If you've already written it, then it can't hurt to send it out. It can serve as a good writing sample - if it is good enough. Just expect there's very little chance of it being bought.

One of the scripts included in the most recent Amateur Friday on ScriptShadow, 'Canary in a Coal Mine', reportedly 'garnered attention from Disney and Sony Animation', for what it's worth.

Personally, I've gotten a read request for my own animated feature, though that may speak to my query ability more than anything.
        https://devonmw.wordpress.com/

Comment

Megamind was a spec script, I think Jim Thompson of Original Content might of sold that one. So maybe give him a bell. Good Luck.
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Chroa View Post
            If you've already written it, then it can't hurt to send it out. It can serve as a good writing sample - if it is good enough. Just expect there's very little chance of it being bought.

One of the scripts included in the most recent Amateur Friday on ScriptShadow, 'Canary in a Coal Mine', reportedly 'garnered attention from Disney and Sony Animation', for what it's worth.

Personally, I've gotten a read request for my own animated feature, though that may speak to my query ability more than anything.
            Thanks, I'll definitely do everything I can to get it read. I put too much work into it to relegate it to doorstop status!

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
              Megamind was a spec script, I think Jim Thompson of Original Content might of sold that one. So maybe give him a bell. Good Luck.
              Thanks. Query sent!

Comment

Originally posted by nearmint View Post
                That makes sense, but rather discouraging.
                Let me offer some encouragement. A couple years ago, I told a very good friend of mine not to write his animated spec because they seldom sell.

He wrote it anyway, and won the Samuel Goldwyn Award this year. First animated spec to EVER even place, let along win. Now he's repped at the bigs, taking meetings all over town.

Don't listen to any of these absolutes because they don't exist. If the script is good, it will kick down some doors.

Comment

Originally posted by madworld View Post
                  Let me offer some encouragement. A couple years ago, I told a very good friend of mine not to write his animated spec because they seldom sell.

He wrote it anyway, and won the Samuel Goldwyn Award this year. First animated spec to EVER even place, let along win. Now he's repped at the bigs, taking meetings all over town.

Don't listen to any of these absolutes because they don't exist. If the script is good, it will kick down some doors.
                  Thanks, madworld, that's good to hear. I'll keep pushing.

Comment

I suppose another option would be to stop promoting the script as an animated feature. I've never envisioned it as live-action, but I guess it could be. Some of the action might come off as too broad for live-action, but I guess I could tone it down a bit. Hmm...

Comment

And I just got a read request from him. On a Sunday!

Comment

Don't query on sundays dick head!
                        It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Don't query on sundays dick head!
                          Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by nearmint View Post
                            Query sent!
                            Hi nearmint: How'd you find his contact info? A google search got me nowhere.

Could you PM it to me, please?

Comment

It's on IMDBPro.

Comment

Working...
                              X