Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney expert to write a blurb?

I don't know where else to post this. I translated a graphic novel about the Disney brothers and the publisher would like to find a Disney expert to pen an afterword-- one that, much like the book, mentions some of Walt's darker moments.

If anybody here knows someone...

Re: Disney expert to write a blurb?

I don't know him, but I would suggest Jarett Kobek.

He wrote two novels - 'I Hate the Internet' and 'The Future Won't be Long' - that mention Disney in a scathing light.

Both novels are pretty brilliant by the way. Two of the best I've read the last few years.

Your publisher could presumably track him down.

Comment

Originally posted by zetiago View Post

He wrote two novels - 'I Hate the Internet' and 'The Future Won't be Long' - that mention Disney in a scathing light.

Both novels are pretty brilliant by the way. Two of the best I've read the last few years.

Interesting, thanks. I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by zetiago View Post

Thanks again Z! My publisher liked the idea and it looks like this is going to work!

Cheers,
        R.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
          Thanks again Z! My publisher liked the idea and it looks like this is going to work!

Cheers,
          R.
          Great.

Comment

I once heard a Paul Harvey "rest of the story" about a young walt disney that beat an owl to death. So if the other guy falls through be happy to write that blurb up. I have seen many Disney movies!

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              I once heard a Paul Harvey "rest of the story" about a young walt disney that beat an owl to death. So if the other guy falls through be happy to write that blurb up. I have seen many Disney movies!

Haha, but what a terrible story. It def was not in the graphic novel. But his childhood wasn't a very happy one, from what I gather.

Comment

Working...
              X