X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New Black List

Originally posted by Jules View Post
    What are you rating though? scripts you've already read, like stuff on the black list (the actual list) and based on that it's giving you recommends with new stuff that matches that in some way?
    Yes, you are rating scripts that you have already read. Some of the scripts are Blacklist, but most are not.
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-18-2012, 08:50 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
      I feel the opposite. I craft the logline because I want to have full control over my script and how it's presented.

But the logline that my reps use the most is--

"Per our convo, see attached."
      Did you write Rodham? It's listed as one of the top unmade scripts, FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post

Yes, you are rating scripts that you have already read. Some of the scripts are Blacklist, but most are not.
        So are you seeing amateur scripts you've read off queries and giving them ratings?

Do you have to download a script before you can rate it?

Thanks.
        It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Geoff, are you insinuating that I wrote a period drama with a female lead? Aren't there articles and seminars telling unrepped writers to avoid those?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
            Geoff, are you insinuating that I wrote a period drama with a female lead? Aren't there articles and seminars telling unrepped writers to avoid those?
            I figured it was a different Korean writer-junior manager duo...glad to know you'd never do something that insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
              So are you seeing amateur scripts you've read off queries and giving them ratings?

Do you have to download a script before you can rate it?

Thanks.
              You don't have to download a script to rate it. I haven't rated any scripts that I've read off of cold queries, because those types of projects aren't in the database in any numbers yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
                If it is a problem, then it's a problem. Loglines are not scripts. Loglines suck. And good loglines are often lies. A well executed script means there is a talented writer. If there is a system that is slanted towards loglines, that is inverse of where the slant should be, no?

I have no idea if this system is slanted towards loglines. I like that there are legit people involved and it's cheap.
                I'm just saying "concept is king" for a reason. A well-executed script with a shitty concept was dead at the starting line. But a poorly-executed script with a great concept at least had a chance.

I mean, it depends on what we're talking about. Are we talking about managers/agents/reps looking for writers or producers/execs looking for scripts? If it's the former, execution matters a lot more. If it's the latter, the buck stops at concept. IMHO.

Comment

I went ahead and listed AFTER, my sci-fi Page Awards finalist, with an evaluation (still coming). I decided now's the time, when people will be checking the service out for novelty or to be sure they aren't missing something.
                  Patrick Sweeney

Comment

For those who have submitted scripts, I'd be interested to hear what kind of traffic (impressions, downloads) they've gotten so far.
                    ==========

Comment

I uploaded my script Wednesday morning. I have 7 impressions, 2 downloads, and 1 rating, but 2-3 impressions and 1 download are from me.
                      Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
                        I uploaded my script Wednesday morning. I have 7 impressions, 2 downloads, and 1 rating, but 2-3 impressions and 1 download are from me.
                        Sorry, not familiar with what is going on there, but what is an "impression"?
                        @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
                          Sorry, not familiar with what is going on there, but what is an "impression"?
                          Each viewing of your script's individual database page, which is basically your log, genre, and reps (if any).
                          Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
                            Each viewing of your script's individual database page, which is basically your log, genre, and reps (if any).
                            Ah, like a page hit? Thanks.
                            @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                              is there a way to update the uploaded script without deleting the listing?
                              I went ahead and e-mailed Blacklist support with this question:

If a user uploads a script and pays the registration fee, can he subsequently update the uploaded script without deleting the listing? That is, can he switch out the initially submitted draft with a new, tweaked draft?

Or is the uploaded script locked in stone, as it were, and would any update to the script require deleting the listing and creating a new listing (and playing the registration fee anew)?
                              The Blacklist's response is encouraging:

This is actually a new feature that we'll be rolling out next week. Each screenwriter will be able to update his/her script via the "My Scripts" portal.
                              Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by karsten View Post
                                I went ahead and e-mailed Blacklist support with this question:

The Blacklist's response is encouraging:

Good to know.
                                Thanks for the follow up!

Comment

Working...
                                X