No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Screenwriter's Festival?

http://www.londonscreenwritersfestiv...s-on/sessions/

Anyone been? What's it like and how does it compare to Austin?

I'm going to be in London then and I'm considering going, but annoyingly they don't offer press passes. (Are they too cool for press coverage or what?)
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Re: London Screenwriter's Festival?

Hi, I'm new to the board, but I promise I'm a real person and having no affiliation with LSFW

I can't really answer your question, but I just thought I'd chime in because I am attending LSFW this year. In terms of how good is it - I've only heard positives from the writers I know (or know via twitter etc!) who attended in 2014.

Lots of praise for the pitch sessions, elevator pitch format and general quality of speakers. That's what primarily attracted me - the likes of Amma Asante, Charlie Brooker, Joel Schumacher and David Reynolds. They do seem to have plenty of quality speakers
    @hairingtons

Comment

Don't be in too much of a hurry to buy a full price ticket - in previous years you have been able to get a substantial discount by putting in a code from various UK blogs and screenwriting sites. One of these was called scriptwriting in the uk, I think

Comment

Decided to go (with a discounted ticket). Anyone else?

http://www.londonscreenwritersfestival.com/
        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

I'm probably going as well. Would love a discount code if there's any spare!

Comment

Yeah, I'll be there. My third year.
            @MacBullitt

Comment

Working...
            X