No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Ain't Over Till It's Over...

Hello, I'm seeking some comments and hopefully insight about this:

A well established producer called me after receiving my query letter and requested that I send her my script, which I did.

About a week and a half later I got a polite reply from a VP at the company saying they were passing on it. Fortunately, they left a door open by adding that they would consider future projects.

I'm thinking that the script is dead in the water, which it probably is.

But, I remind myself that several years ago I sent another screenplay to a producer who also eventually passed on it but left a door open.

Funny thing is... two years later I get a call from another producer who somehow got hold of the script and wanted to see more of my writing.

It makes me wonder if lightning could possibly strike twice with my latest endeavor.

Although I'm not sure what you mean by your post, one thing does strike me as odd:

Funny thing is... two years later I get a call from another producer who somehow got hold of the script and wanted to see more of my writing.

How did this producer get your script? And if it was sent to them two years ago, why is it now they've only realized they want to see another 'sample'. Some, or maybe all of that paragraphy, doesn't sound healthy to me.

EJ

Comment

well

"How did this producer get your script? And if it was sent to them two years ago, why is it now they've only realized they want to see another 'sample'. Some, or maybe all of that paragraphy, doesn't sound healthy to me."

I guess the original poster is saying someone passed it on to each other. Possible, I suppose. But my understanding is that when producers rejected scripts the throw the rejected material in the garbage/recycler. No one wants to be accused of holding on to someone's script and "stealing" it.

Comment

Working...
      X