Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slamdance.... buyer beware

I wonder if the people in the top 40 paid for the coverage as well? Or, how many paid for their coverage?
    that would be an interesting statistic. but i'd take it with a grain of salt unless it was calculated by an outside source.

Comment

I wonder that as well. For my sitcom there are no scorers found. Yet the top 40 list is out. I did not pay for coverage. That is why I wonder.
      Oh well, don't need them

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
      that would be an interesting statistic. but i'd take it with a grain of salt unless it was calculated by an outside source.

Comment

Originally posted by qualitycontrol View Post
        You should tell them you don't want to be considered for the top finalists or winner position due to your hatred for their organization.
        Hatred is too strong a term for how I feel- aggravated is more like it.

You wouldn't happen to be in the same category as me, would you?
        Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

I made the cut and I did NOT pay for coverage.

1/2 hour for me, Rath.

Comment

I made the cut and I did NOT pay for coverage.

1/2 hour for me, Rath.
            Sweet, not my direct competition! Good luck and fingers crossed for ya QC. (btw, title?)

I paid for 1 coverage and the second reader option.

I certainly have been a squeaky wheel for Alex, which I thought could jeopardize my chances- obviously it did not, which speaks well for the judging.

I'm curious about how the final judging is done. Any ideas?

Comment

Was there a list of quarterfinalists? I didn't see that, just the finalists.

I didn't make the cut, and I'm a WGA writer and the script I sent them had been optioned by 20th Century Fox TV as a proposal a few years ago. I'm not suggesting anything, but...

Hmmmm...

Comment

I think the list posted is the QF list. Semis are the top 5 in each category.

I still have not received the second coverage I was promised (both in e-mail and verbally) for the issues I've had. Multiple e-mails to Alex have gone unanswered.

I'm on the list.....

This is the first contest I've ever been in, and based on how piss-poorly this is run, I never want to enter another. I can't even brag that I'm in the top ten in my category.... that's how shoddy this contest is.

Slamdance should be called Shamdance, or Scamdance, or Broken-Promises-Dance.

Anyone want Alex's personal number? (I only half kid about this... I'm tempted to post it).

Comment

Originally posted by MLawe View Post
                  I didn't make the cut, and I'm a WGA writer and the script I sent them had been optioned by 20th Century Fox TV as a proposal a few years ago. I'm not suggesting anything, but...

Hmmmm...
                  Good for you! Why are you wasting your time with contests?

Comment

Hmmmm...
                    from their site "contest rules"
                    RULES:

1. Screenplays must not have been previously optioned, purchased or produced.
                    Hmmmm...
                    so even if you say is true then you should have been disqualified for being an a$$.

Comment

Good for you! Why are you wasting your time with contests?
                      In case you don't know this, being a writer, even a union writer, means constantly having to find an outlet for your work, in whatever way, shape, or form. While I'm in the WGA, I currently don't have an agent.

Comment

from their site "contest rules"

Quote:
                        RULES:

1. Screenplays must not have been previously optioned, purchased or produced.
                        Hmmmm...
                        so even if you say is true then you should have been disqualified for being an a$$.

Actually, you're the "a$$" -- because you didn't read my post carefully enough. I never wrote a pilot or teleplay. It was a pitch/proposal that was optioned. So I was qualified to enter the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by MLawe View Post
                          In case you don't know this, being a writer, even a union writer, means constantly having to find an outlet for your work, in whatever way, shape, or form. While I'm in the WGA, I currently don't have an agent.
                          I love how smug you are. Keep dropping the life lessons. And your original post says you now wrote the script based on what you got optioned...

Comment

I love how smug you are. Keep dropping the life lessons. And your original post says you now wrote the script based on what you got optioned...
                            What on earth was "smug" about his reply? And Nikee calling him an a$$? Cripes people, if you have a question, if you want him to clarify something, then ask it in a tactful way, don't be so frickin belligerent!

This is like a case study in why pros get driven from this board.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                              What on earth was "smug" about his reply? And Nikee calling him an a$$? Cripes people, if you have a question, if you want him to clarify something, then ask it in a tactful way, don't be so frickin belligerent!

This is like a case study in why pros get driven from this board.
                              He's saying the constest is bull$hit because they didn't recognize his genius. Maybe there's such a thing of subjectivity but since he's in the WGA and didn't make the grade, obviously there's something shady going on. There's no -- possible -- way anyone else who entered could be as good of a writer.

Comment

He's saying the constest is bull$hit because they didn't recognize his genius. Maybe there's such a thing of subjectivity but since he's in the WGA and didn't make the grade, obviously there's something shady going on. There's no -- possible -- way anyone else who entered could be as good of a writer.
                                I think you're reading way too much into it, qc. He's just saying it's surprising that he didn't make the quarterfinals based on the fact that he's WGA and his script was previously optioned as a proposal. Don't you find that a little surprising? I do. The same way I would find it a little surprising if a script that made the finals of one contest didn't even make the quarters of another. I'm not saying it can't happen, it obviously does, but it's an example of how wildly subjective these contests are. MLawe's not being smug, just honest. And actually, newbie writers should find it somewhat encouraging -- if a WGA writer gets dinged, then one shouldn't necessarily be discouraged if one also got dinged.

Why must we instantly assume the worst of any poster?

Comment

Working...
                                X