No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A completely NEW question for Franklin Leonard of The Black List

In the hopes that Franklin Leonard still visits:

What is the business rationale of the new (to me) rewards for scoring an 8 or higher? Free evaluations -- not one, but two -- AND free hosting -- not one month, but two -- seem overly generous. Not that I'm complaining about it.

Thanks for your time.

*meant "question" not "questions"
    Last edited by ClintW3; 07-20-2017, 05:13 PM. Reason: typo

Re: A completely NEW questions for Franklin Leonard of The Black List

I think this is a great question to Franklin. I think it's very generous also but could it affect the reader giving out a score of 8 because of the free evals and free hosting later? BL will lose revenue if there are a lot of 8 scores. Bottom line, are we going to see less scores of 8 because of this generosity?

Comment

Re: A completely NEW questions for Franklin Leonard of The Black List

My thoughts: the promotion of 8's has to be of benefit to tBL. The industry professionals can be assured that the site is hosting quality. They are the other half of tBL equation, while it needs hosting fees from punters it also needs the pros coming through to warrant those fees
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Re: A completely NEW question for Franklin Leonard of The Black List

It's pretty straightforward.

This change was made when we raised the price of script evaluations to $75. We wanted to ease the financial burden for folks who had scripts that were getting enthusiastic response.

Further, as a matter of general policy, we want to gather as much information as humanly possible about the scripts that receive the most enthusiastic response, and we want to keep scripts that are eliciting that response on the site for as long as possible. There's no better way to do that then offering free hosting and script evaluations.

As for concerns about readers not giving as many high scores, they appear to be unfounded. Readers get paid what they get paid regardless of what scores they give, and we haven't seen a significant shift in the distribution of scores in the months since the price change (and expansion of the 8+ rewards).

Comment

Thanks!

It was a happy surprise.

Comment

Just a heads up, the pilot section of the "Top List" hasn't been loading for three days now.

(Not that it'll make much difference in my script page views.)

This goes for Chrome, Safaris, desktop and mobile. And I emailed support when I noticed it on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
            X