X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Script Shadow Shafts "slaughter"

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
    Something about this so far doesn't pass the smell test. I'm certainly no Eads apologist and haven't ever seriously followed his blog, but so far we have one side of this and that not even from a principle.

Jumping on the bandwagon to trash someone with just that small amount of second-hand information seems unreasonable. I'm with Evilrbt here - why?

The idea that it's for publicity is a stretch. A couple of hundred posts here and there is meaningless and a drop in the bucket. Has Eads ever used his blog to go after someone because of a disagreement? Certainly he's into self-promotion, but I've never heard of any ill intent.

That being said, I have nothing but great respect for Limama and am sure that her motives are pure, but I'm not going to fire up a torch and grab my pitchfork without something from the mouth of the beast or the prey.

Let the principles work this out and maybe the "facts" will change.
    I was the most pro-Carson member on this forum and this is too much.

He was told not to review this script and was offered a better draft. He said:

I thought you said you'd rather just go with this draft to be reviewed. Sorry I misunderstood. Either way, this review is going to get "slaughtered" at the end of the day. So all of this will be but a fever dream.
    So he confirmed receiving something but claims he misunderstood. Any decent human being would delete the review right away. Which he hasn't (he will at the end of the day).

Comment

I don't know if something's happened or not, but the pro script links Carson sent out today aren't working any longer. Maybe he took them down, maybe he was forced to.

Comment

Does anyone here not realize that by talking sh!t about someone -- whether it is deserved or not -- it makes you look bad? You, not the person you are bashing.

I don't tolerate this crap from any member of my team. I don't care who you hate, who fvcked you over, you keep that opinion amongst yourselves and you do not ever bash anyone in public. At least as long as you are working for me.

And yes, I fired someone for this behavior once.
        il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
          Why?
          Long ago, chrissy debuted on DD as the affable, doe-eyed, ravenously eager-to learn "Wilsoneads" who charmed da 'Mama and so many significant others around here.

But why... why did he call himself that? Why choose to be called WILSON in particular?

There lie all answers to this specific pathology. There they lie.

But okay... now it's time to spin some platters that matter and play remember when...

Comment

Yeah, in Hollywood it's a litte different. Carson is a scumbag and hurts writers. I don't care who doesn't like me for saying that.

Best,

MB
            twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

I remember when this guy was popular here, an almost hero even, and then John August shakes his finger at him and suddenly he's a Bond villain.
              It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by LMPurves View Post
                Does anyone here not realize that by talking sh!t about someone -- whether it is deserved or not -- it makes you look bad? You, not the person you are bashing.

I don't tolerate this crap from any member of my team. I don't care who you hate, who fvcked you over, you keep that opinion amongst yourselves and you do not ever bash anyone in public. At least as long as you are working for me.

And yes, I fired someone for this behavior once.
                Better hope that person doesn't appear on these boards

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                  I remember when this guy was popular here, an almost hero even, and then John August shakes his finger at him and suddenly he's a Bond villain.
                  I remember when OJ was a great running back, and then he was in The Naked Gun, and now he's in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                    There are many people here who objected to what he was doing from the beginning. Not his contest - that was fine. But once he morphed into Scriptshadow, everything changed.

So, yes, now he's pretty much being seen as the villain. Happy to be corrected with evidence. In fact, I hope I'm completely wrong.
                    Last edited by nic.h; 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM. Reason: Jeff said it better.
                    sigpic

Website
                    Tweets
                    Book

Comment

Originally posted by Shari Hari View Post
                      Why choose to be called WILSON in particular?

There lie all answers to this specific pathology.
                      He called himself Wilson because he was an ex tennis pro (teacher). Wilson raquets, balls, clothing, etc...

Sheeit...
                      The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by nic.h View Post
                        But once he morphed into Scriptshadow, everything changed.
                        Agreed.

To me it started when he pulled that April Fools joke, which is so ironic now looking back on it.

I think he got a taste of how powerful he was and liked it.
                        The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

I was doing things. I just got to this thread.

This was inevitable, I suppose. I just have difficulty imagining the audacity it takes to do this kind of thing and pretend you are still the good guy.

You're not the good guy anymore, Carson. You haven't been for a long time.
                          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

You don't need John August (or anyone for that matter) to tell you what he's doing is bad for all writers. That's pretty apparent to anyone with even a small dose of common sense. He's gone from being a nuisance to being an outright, flat out liar and he doesn't seem to care about the negative impact that's having. How anybody can defend what he's doing is completely beyond me.
                            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Courier12

Comment

Originally posted by grumpywriter View Post
                              Better hope that person doesn't appear on these boards
                              It's okay if he did. He knows exactly why I had to let him go.
                              il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
                                Yeah, in Hollywood it's a litte different.
                                I can't see it being that different from independent film in regards to the sh1t talking.

Talk sh1t and word gets around that you are a sh1t-talker. I choose not to work with people like that and I'm pretty sure there are some in Hollywood who feel the same as I.
                                il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Working...
                                X