X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster Is Here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02f6a900cb8bc

Re: New Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster Is Here

I'm especially glad that Drew Struzan's artwork got some more deserved attention now.

His talent is sorely missed in todays movie-poster world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Ghekiere View Post
      I'm especially glad that Drew Struzan's artwork got some more deserved attention now.

His talent is sorely missed in todays movie-poster world.
      Hmm, how to break this...

It's not Drew's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
        Hmm, how to break this...

It's not Drew's work.
        Ouch. I thought I read he went out of retirement to make the posters for this new Star Wars? Or was that only true for those other posters?
        Has a Drew Struzan vibe to it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXJiBkFgprQ

Comment

sooo . . . another Death Star then. because it's worked out so great in the past

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
            sooo . . . another Death Star then. because it's worked out so great in the past
            Ugh. I've said this before and I'll say it again, you can't make new, fresh original epics because someone asks you too. Creativity isn't a skill. Eventually, like Jedi, you're forced to rehash the same story elements, but twist them a bit. In Jedi we had an incomplete, bigger Death Star. Here we have a planet converted into a death star. In the next film we'll have a squadron of death stars etc etc.
            I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Let's maybe not judge the movie until we see it? Maybe?

Comment

The thing is, it's completely logical for the empire to pursue new crazy super weapons, even if it is a bit creativity bankrupt.

Star Wars had that problem since the first movie. "How do we create something more menacing than the Death Star?" "Uh, create the Death Star again."

I frankly don't care, at least not yet. I'm excited to watch the film. If it works, it works.

I'm really glad these trailers held off on story details, too. I was too weak to resist them, but I don't regret watching, unlike most trailers nowadays.

Comment

If the "good guys" win by blowing up the latest Death Star -- excuse me, Death Planet -- with some torpedoes in a choice spot, I'm out of there.

It's not a coincidence that the best film in the franchise is the one that did not end with the heroes just blowing something up real good. Just because the first movie had a superweapon menace doesn't mean that every installment needs a superweapon menace.

I hope that no one is actually defending this repetitiousness.

Apart from that, the new cast seems no more appealing than did the prequel cast; indeed, less so.

Comment

Well, I'm old enough to have seen the originals at the cinema, and I thought the new trailer looks great. In fact I watched with my children at 7am and the look of excitement on their faces was priceless.
                    My stuff

Comment

Originally posted by karsten View Post
                      I hope that no one is actually defending this repetitiousness.
                      What repetitiousness?

We haven't seen the movie, so any comments about the familiarity - or lack thereof - of the plot are based entirely on ignorance.

Comment

I thought the tone was too dark, I know JJ wanted to dial it back from the cartoony prequels but he's gone almost into Nolanland with this. It just looks gloomy, like lighten up on the angst JJ, it's Star Wars!

Spoilers:

I read the various treatments that people have compiled on the web so far and it's a fairly mixed bag of a film (from what can be deciphered).

It feels like it starts off strong in Act 1 and then Act 2 is reasonably solid but Act 3 feels weak with the big super weapon. I sure hope Kasdan has something planned that hasn't been leaked yet, I'd consider killing Han a total failure to generate any real drama from the new story and setup, but I fear that's what they've resorted to. The film badly needs some big ideas.

Comment

Stop. Please. Just stop.

Comment

This looks infinitely better than any of the prequels. I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post
                              Let's maybe not judge the movie until we see it? Maybe?
                              But if I can claim I hated it before everyone else did, then it will make me feel so smart and superior!

Comment

Working...
                              X