Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
socalwriter1
Regular

Default Researching Production Company Ideas

I want to find out some info, anything really, on this guy and/or his production company.

I tried google, IMDB, this board, trackingb's board, and LinkedIn. Nothing. Any other internet based resources that I can try? I hesitate to name him here only because he might be here and it would be awkward because he's mildly interested in my script and I don't want to appear that I'm checking up on him (I know, long run on sentence but it's been a long day).

Thanks.
socalwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Writr
User

Default Re: Researching Production Company Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwriter1 View Post
I want to find out some info, anything really, on this guy and/or his production company.

I tried google, IMDB, this board, trackingb's board, and LinkedIn. Nothing. Any other internet based resources that I can try? I hesitate to name him here only because he might be here and it would be awkward because he's mildly interested in my script and I don't want to appear that I'm checking up on him (I know, long run on sentence but it's been a long day).

Thanks.
Hmm... You couldn't find any blurbs about him on any of those sites? I don't know about you, but that would make me pause and question how successful this person is.
Writr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Mac H.

Did they mention that they had ever produced anything before? If so, drop an email to the other people they've worked with.

If they haven't produced anything before than they are an aspiring producer rather than an actual producer.

That's fine - as long as you know.

Feel free to drop me a P.M and I'll see if I can find anything.

Mac
Mac H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
socalwriter1
Regular

Thanks guys, and the offer, Mac. But even if I find out nothing about this guy, the bottomline is that I still have to get my scripts out there.
socalwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Geoff Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwriter1 View Post

Thanks.
Why would that matter to him? Of course you are going to do some research/due dilligence.
Geoff Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote