Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Films
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2015, 04:42 AM   #1
Takeshiro
User

Default Mad Max 4

Car chase ! no plot ! Car chase! Seen before world and production designe! Car chase! No character! Car chase! BOOM!

If you like Car chase, it's for you. If you like a well told story, well...

I also like the take of some critics and moviegoers: the movie is great as stakes, motivation and characters development are shown through actions. As if all the good action flicks don't work that way. Ask good ol' Bill Martell.

Last edited by Takeshiro : 05-15-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Takeshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
FoxHound

Default Re: Mad Max 4

Like Gravity, I was also puzzled by some of the high praise (99% on Rotten tomatoes). I liked the film, but thought the story + character development was weak.

It did make me feel like I was watching an old Mad Max film so +1 there. A lot of Furiosa's backstory was mindless exposition, when I think flashback would've worked better. Also, did any other writer cringe when the bad guy yelled out Furiosa's mission in the beginning?
Old 05-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
Deion22

I thought this film was the action movie of the year. 100 times better then Fast 7. I'm glad it's doing well box office wise. Tom Hardy says he signed on for 3 sequels, so I look forward to seeing more Mad Max.
Deion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
ricther
Regular

Pure badassness. I loved every minute of it. It grabbed you by the throat from the beginning and never let go.

Lack of story? I thought there was a good story with great themes. Read this:
http://collider.com/mad-max-fury-road-review/

Besides the fact that I still have no idea how they knew his blood type, I thought the film was flawless. And Zoe Kravitz never looked hotter hehe.
ricther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #5
figment

I saw it yesterday in a packed theater. I was never bored, and that's saying something.

For a two hour action film it flew by. Flew. By. Charlize was a goddess. Hardy was monosyllabic, but intense. The wives were a bit of a weak spot. Surprisingly feminist themes -- who killed the world? Men did.

Interestingly though, I haven't thought about it the way I do when I see a good film -- how a good film will creep into your thoughts throughout the day. I wonder if that's because there isn't anything to figure out? It's so simple and straightforward, that there's nothing to ponder or connect after the fact. If it has a flaw, for me, that's it.
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #6
FoxHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deion22 View Post
I thought this film was the action movie of the year. 100 times better then Fast 7. I'm glad it's doing well box office wise. Tom Hardy says he signed on for 3 sequels, so I look forward to seeing more Mad Max.
How's it doing well at the BO? Pitch Perfect 2 is beating it.

To be honest, I never wanted to see it. The commercial makes it look like mindless action. Only 'cause of reviews did I go. I have a feeling it'll be a minor domestic success like Edge of tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #7
Deion22

I expect it to make at least 300 million overseas when it's over. This weekend it should be at least 150 million worldwide.

I think they'll make sequels. The reviews have been stellar. I think the movie will have long legs and do multiple viewings.
Deion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #8
jboffer

I was drunk when I saw this, and managed to hold off going to the bathroom the entire time. Which was very uncomfortable. But necessary.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #9
JoeBanks

super fun and totally keeping with the previous installments in the series

Tom Hardy himself didn't really live up to the character as Mel established him though. it never feels like Max's story in the way the other films did. he's just along for the ride, as great a ride that it is
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:15 AM   #10
Southern_land

Loved it, except the intro voice over was a bit overcooked and the comments from the wives about "Who did this" Almost seemed crowbarred in.

However its one of the few movies that I think every last cent went on production values

Southern_land is offline   Reply With Quote