Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
Sparksdale
Regular

Default Contact: Fox Faith

Anyone have contact info for Fox Faith?
Here is their web add... http://www.foxfaith.com/

DD pro doesn't have contact informaion for the company.

Thanks,
Sparks
Sparksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Hasil Adkins

Default Re: Contact: Fox Faith

Why would you want to contact them? They are a video distributor for 20th Century Fox-released films, not a production entity. [ETA: I'm wrong, see Mother of 8 post below]

I mean no offense, I;m seriously asking.

Last edited by Hasil Adkins : 11-07-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Hasil Adkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
Sparksdale
Regular

Thanks...I didn't know that. I thought they were a division of fox that made films.

Thanks again,
Sparks
Sparksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
snowman
User

Actually on Hollywood lit sales, (the scripts wanted section) has a post by a producer name Jeff Varga who is working with them (Fox Faith Films) and is looking for faith films.

I've been in contact with him and they are looking for scripts with a spiritual slant, like Walk in the Clouds and Chronicles of Narnia.

They have a new submission policy that you need coverage, but you might want to contact him if you have something along those lines, his email is posted on hollywood lit sales.

Snowman
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #5
The White Album

You should also contact Codeblack Entertainment, a production company that just signed a multi-pic deal with Fox Faith. They will develop and produce pics at $5 mil or less under the Fox deal.

Contact Jeff Clanagan or Quincy Newell @ (818) 325-8940.

http://www.codeblackentertainment.com/home.htm
The White Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
Motherof8
User

Hasil,

Here is the press release on Fox Faith...might help.
MO8

Announcement: New Fox Unit to Produce Christian Films

The studio plans to produce as many as 12 movies a year aimed at religious audiences.
By Lorenza Muñoz, Times Staff Writer
September 19, 2006

The company that brought TV viewers racy and irreverent programs such as "Nip/Tuck," "Temptation Island" and "The Simpsons" has found religion.

In the biggest commitment of its sort by a Hollywood studio, News Corp.'s Fox Filmed Entertainment is expected to unveil plans today to capture the gargantuan Christian audience that made "The Passion of the Christ" a global phenomenon.

The home entertainment division of Rupert Murdoch's movie studio plans to produce as many as a dozen films a year under a banner called FoxFaith. At least six of those films will be released in theaters under an agreement with two of the nation's largest chains, AMC Theatres and Carmike Cinemas.

The first theatrical release, called "Love's Abiding Joy," is scheduled to hit the big screen Oct. 6. The movie, which cost about $2 million to make, is based on the fourth installment of Christian novelist Janette Oke's popular series, "Love Comes Softly."

"A segment of the market is starving for this type of content," said Simon Swart, general manager of Fox's U.S. home entertainment unit.

"We want to push the production value, not videotape sermons or proselytize."

Hollywood has made religious-themed movies for years including such memorable titles as "The Ten Commandments" and "The Greatest Story Ever Told." But FoxFaith will target evangelical Christians who often have shunned popular entertainment as offensive.

Fox might seem an unlikely studio to pioneer a religious label, given its history as a purveyor of salacious TV programming. Yet people in the Christian community say the company has gained credibility as the voice for conservative America through its Fox News Channel.

Still, courting evangelical Christians can be tricky. "If this is something Fox is doing only to exploit the audience — or if it's something they don't believe in or are doing cynically — then there could be problems," said Brandon Gray, president of Box Office Mojo, a box-office reporting service. "There isn't a huge turnout for these films unless they speak to what Christianity is all about. People want a guide to life and Hollywood has ignored that by saying nothing or dwelling on vices."

Over the last four years, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has quietly built a network to mobilize evangelical Christian moviegoers in an era of diminishing box-office returns. The network includes 90,000 congregations and a database of more than 14 million mainly evangelical households.

FoxFaith films, to be based on Christian bestsellers, will have small budgets of less than $5 million each, compared with the $60-million average. The movies each will be backed by $5-million marketing campaigns. Although that is skimpy compared with the $36 million Hollywood spends to market the average movie, the budget is significant for targeting a niche audience, especially one as fervent as many evangelical Christians.

For instance, "The Passion" grossed $612 million worldwide, thanks in part to its appeal to Christians. Another spiritual odyssey, "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," took in $745 million globally. Most recently, Christians came out for this summer's controversial "The Da Vinci Code," which has brought in $754 million worldwide.

Other studios also are beginning to dip an oar into Christian waters. New Line Cinema's "The Nativity Story," scheduled to be released in December, tells the story of Mary and Joseph seeking shelter to give birth to Jesus. Legendary Pictures, which has a multi-film deal with Warner Bros., is planning to make a movie version of John Milton's epic 17th century poem about the fall of man, "Paradise Lost."

Fox seems to be getting a warm reception from the Christian community. "It is extremely satisfying to be taken seriously," said Nancy Neutzling, vice president of marketing for Word Distribution, FoxFaith's distributor to Christian retailers. "It's like we have arrived."

Fox saw an opportunity to tap into the Christian market four years ago through Ralph Winter, the producer behind the studio's "X-Men" franchise. During a visit to the set of "The Planet of the Apes," Swart introduced Winter, the executive producer, to a representative from a major retailer, who asked whether he would make more movies like "Left Behind," a Christian apocalyptic thriller released in 2001.

The conversation led Winter, a Christian, to co-produce for Fox's home entertainment division the supernatural Christian thriller "The Hangman's Curse," based on the Frank Peretti novel. Released on a limited basis in fall 2003, the movie flopped at the box office but did well on DVD.

The experience taught Jeff Yordy, vice president of marketing for FoxFaith, a valuable lesson about the Christian audience when an avalanche of letters flooded his office from Christians protesting a Bible study companion to the film.

"We got 10,000 letters from ministers telling me I was not interpreting the scripture correctly," recalled Yordy, a Christian. "You have to take a broader perspective so everybody can interpret based on their own faith."

But what really propelled the idea of devoting a label to Christian titles was Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ." The film's success stunned Hollywood and confirmed Fox executives' hunches about the Christian market.

Although 20th Century Fox passed on distributing "The Passion," fearing a firestorm of controversy, its home entertainment division, which acquired the domestic home video rights, has sold more than 15 million units on DVD. Fox Home Entertainment continued to acquire and distribute Christian videos such as "Mother Teresa" and the documentary "Beyond the Gates of Splendor."
Motherof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
Motherof8
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The White Album View Post
You should also contact Codeblack Entertainment, a production company that just signed a multi-pic deal with Fox Faith. They will develop and produce pics at $5 mil or less under the Fox deal.

Contact Jeff Clanagan or Quincy Newell @ (818) 325-8940.

http://www.codeblackentertainment.com/home.htm

White Album,

Very curious...where did you obtain this information? Looking at their web site and reading Fox Faith's release, I wonder what type of story they would be looking for for their "post hip hop" demographic?

Very curious.

Mo8
Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #8
snowman
User

I saw the information in fox faith in a Christian Newsletter that a friend sent me.

And I looked at Code Blacks webite and it says they are not accepting scripts or screenplays at this time. Has anyone queried them yet?

Snowman
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
The White Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof8 View Post
White Album,

Very curious...where did you obtain this information? Looking at their web site and reading Fox Faith's release, I wonder what type of story they would be looking for for their "post hip hop" demographic?

Very curious.

Mo8
I actually met with them.

Here's the Variety announcement about their deal:

Good-faith pic deal

Codeblack, Fox pact for religious films

By NICOLE LAPORTE, GABRIEL SNYDER

http://www.variety.com/graphics/phot...nagan_jeff.jpg
Clanagan

Jeff Clanagan's Codeblack Entertainment has signed a multipicture deal with 20th Century Fox's recently launched faith-based label, FoxFaith.FoxFaith plans to release up to a dozen pics a year that target auds in the growing Christian marketplace. Label will release primarily homevideo product, but also will have theatrical distribution for at least six pics a year.

Under Codeblack's deal, the company will develop and produce films for FoxFaith aimed at African-American auds. Pics will be budgeted at less than $5 million.

The first two projects under the deal are "Mama, I Want to Sing!," based on the Off Broadway gospel musical, to be written and directed by Charles Randolph Wright; and "A Good Man is Hard to Find," based on the stage play by the Rev. David Payton, to be written and directed by Leslie Small.
"Mama" tells the story of a preacher's daughter who rises from the church choir to international pop stardom. Clanagan will produce the pic with Holly Davis Carter.

"A Good Man," also being produced by Clanagan, focuses on the weakening of the African-American family, the diminishing black male population and the changing role of black women.

Formed in January by Clanagan and Quincy Newell, Codeblack is a vertically integrated entertainment company that focuses on acquiring, producing and distributing urban-themed content. Company has a co-distribution and co-marketing pact with urban broadcaster Radio One, and has a multiyear distrib deal with Visual Entertainment, a division of Universal Music & Video Distribution.

Codeblack's recent national theatrical releases include "Shadowboxer" and "Preaching to the Choir."
The White Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #10
Motherof8
User

Thanks for the response White Album, I missed that somehow.

I'm vascilating on whether or not my script would fit their slate. It was a Kairos semi finalist script -- which I re-wrote with their coverage in mind and sent it in again this year.

It might be worth a phone call....I did pitch Jeff (thanks snow) and he requested it and I had another bite last Friday from a new prod co.

Hm...something to ponder on tomorrow.

Mo8