Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Loading

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
mlongton
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 533
Default Little Studio Films

Anybody have experience with them?

mlongton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
Code7Films
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 672
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Mostly talk and no action...
Code7Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Geoff Alexander
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,589
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlongton View Post
Anybody have experience with them?

If you're talking about Alexia's company? I like her. She's very smart and she has great contacts, particularly if there is a European component to what you're doing. Do they make a lot of movies? No.
Geoff Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
mlongton
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 533
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBScript View Post
If you're talking about Alexia's company? I like her. She's very smart and she has great contacts, particularly if there is a European component to what you're doing. Do they make a lot of movies? No.
That's the one. And yes, there is a European angle. Interesting, thanks!
mlongton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
spacefarer
Member
 
spacefarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Spacefarerland
Posts: 977
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBScript View Post
If you're talking about Alexia's company? I like her. She's very smart and she has great contacts, particularly if there is a European component to what you're doing. Do they make a lot of movies? No.
Would you trust them to further your career though? There seems to be more hype about them on their website than about the clients they represent.

Their reply to my query was almost... immediate though...
__________________

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Last edited by spacefarer : 02-17-2009 at 06:55 PM.
spacefarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
mlongton
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 533
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefarer View Post
Would you trust them to further your career though?
In a word, no. There's another thread to this - kind of a sequel, at http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=44673

Or just stay away.

mlongton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 AM   #7
spacefarer
Member
 
spacefarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Spacefarerland
Posts: 977
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlongton View Post
In a word, no. There's another thread to this - kind of a sequel, at http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=44673

Or just stay away.

-> ****! It's too late. I've already posted my script. Damn fool.
__________________

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"
spacefarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
Geoff Alexander
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,589
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefarer View Post
-> ****! It's too late. I've already posted my script. Damn fool.
So? What's the worst that can happen? Either she loves it and wants to do something with it, or she passes. If you aren't comfortable with her, you have the power to say no. Personally, I wouldn't "retain" anyone or pay any fees, as has been noted by others in relation to Little Studio Films, so I would walk from that scenario. At the same time, she does know a ton of people and has financing contacts and a good understanding of the business, particularly the foreign sales side. So, if you don't have clearly superior options, then it might be worth seeing what scenario she were to lay out. I don't have anything personally invested either way, but in this case I think it's a mistake to overreact.
Geoff Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
spacefarer
Member
 
spacefarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Spacefarerland
Posts: 977
Default Re: Little Studio Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBScript View Post
So? What's the worst that can happen? Either she loves it and wants to do something with it, or she passes. If you aren't comfortable with her, you have the power to say no. Personally, I wouldn't "retain" anyone or pay any fees, as has been noted by others in relation to Little Studio Films, so I would walk from that scenario. At the same time, she does know a ton of people and has financing contacts and a good understanding of the business, particularly the foreign sales side. So, if you don't have clearly superior options, then it might be worth seeing what scenario she were to lay out. I don't have anything personally invested either way, but in this case I think it's a mistake to overreact.
Point is very well taken, SBScript. Let them decide and we'll see what happens. Thank you.
__________________

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"
spacefarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
Repernoctu
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Little Studio Films

As many of you know, a recent article in the LA times was released about Little Studio Films. If you missed it, check it out here:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7296182.story

I met Alexia at a pitchfest (as a peer) and have communicated with her via Facebook.

I shared the article condemning the practices of "screwing over writers."

Alexia got wind of it and threatened to take legal action against me.

My writing partner and I have a small podcast about navigating the industry call Breakin' In. We reached out to Alexia for her side of the story and was met with nothing but more threats of legal action. So much so that they even went as far as contacting my former employers to "see what they had to say."

We were sent a letter from Alexia with an attached letter from their lawyer that was sent to the LA Times. If you want to know the details, listen to the show:

http://breakinginthebiz.com/2013/07/...vs-breakin-in/

Plus there are more current updates to the story...

http://breakinginthebiz.com/2013/08/...in-in-updates/
Repernoctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro

eXTReMe Tracker