Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best contests for TV drama pilots?

On our entry form, you'll see that we give you the option to send us supplementary materials as a separate upload. I would recommend that you compile whatever you have (cast list, list of future episodes, etc.) into one document and submit that as a .pdf through this optional upload feature.

Alternatively, if you prefer, you can simply append the supplementary materials to the end of your pilot script.

The judges do like seeing these materials, BTW, so thanks for asking!

Jen

Comment

Thanks -- good to know!

Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by PAGE Awards View Post
        On our entry form, you'll see that we give you the option to send us supplementary materials as a separate upload. I would recommend that you compile whatever you have (cast list, list of future episodes, etc.) into one document and submit that as a .pdf through this optional upload feature.

Alternatively, if you prefer, you can simply append the supplementary materials to the end of your pilot script.

The judges do like seeing these materials, BTW, so thanks for asking!

Jen
        Wow -- didn't know about this option. I've already submitted my pilot. Is there a way to add add it?

Comment

Originally posted by grumpywriter View Post
          Wow -- didn't know about this option. I've already submitted my pilot. Is there a way to add add it?
          Didn't enter yet, but just searched the site for details on these "supplementary materials" and didn't find any. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by a cast list? (Just characters names, or names and descriptions/ages?) How many episodes (just first season?) and how much do we need to say about each? What OTHER supplementary info could be included?

Also googled around and found plenty of pilot scripts but none with supplementary material.

Page folks: Can you please point us to a model?
          Last edited by LauriD; 03-16-2013, 07:44 AM.
          "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Does not having these supplementary materials for our pilots hurt our chances? Reason I ask is because most of the time people don't send out cast lists or episode breakdowns; they just have the script.

Comment

Hi, guys,

In answer to your questions...

Doc, no, it will not hurt your chances of advancing if you didn't (or don't) submit supplementary materials. The judges just like seeing them if you have them. It helps convey your vision for your series.

Grumpy, if you have supplementary materials and want to add them to your entry now, you can email Zoe (info at pageawards.com) and ask her to please append them. If your script hasn't yet been reviewed by your first round judge, the supplements can be added in to this round. Or if your script advances to Round Two, they can be added to your pilot script at that point. (Please mention Jen's post in DoneDealPro in your email to Zoe. She probably won't be too happy with me for opening this whole kettle of worms, but I'll take the heat on this one.)

Lauri, we do mention this option on The Rules page of our website. (#10 under "Script Guidelines.") And yes, I know my language is a little vague. The common term for what we're talking about is a "series bible," but that term can cause a lot of confusion, as there is no industry standard form for a series bible and different people have different views of what's helpful or appropriate at each stage of the process. Plus, creating a full-blown series bible is a massive undertaking, and it's not something we require, so I don't want to scare people off. But if you're looking for more info, here's an interesting article for you, which also lists the various elements you can include: http://www.mikejones.tv/seriesbible

Maybe some of your fellow writers or the pros on this board can direct you to more information or give you more insights. But again, submitting supplementary materials as a part of your contest entry is entirely optional. If you have put together a bible (or any components of it) for your show, great! That will help the judges understand your vision for your series. And if not, no worries. At the end of the day, it's really the quality of your pilot script that counts.

Hope that helps!

Jen

Comment

Working...
              X