Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2001, 12:03 PM   #1
Muckraker

Default Numenorean Films

Anyone heard of them? Based in CA -- they're requested a script of mine. Are they a real deal?
Old 02-07-2001, 09:24 AM   #2
frankee2

Me, too. I sent an email and got a request to send in my script uncomfortably fast, but I'm sending it. -z.
Old 02-07-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
CRASH

They're not listed in the Hollywood Creative Directory. Are they another internet based company?
Old 02-07-2001, 01:33 PM   #4
TheByrd

Hmmm...

NF seems to be asking for everybody's sp. Mine, too, was requested, with a note asking me to include a copy of the email with my script to alert the assistant not to 'put it on the pile with the rest of them' but to give it immediately to Cary Solomon. They didn't even ask for a release form. There's a similar thread going on over at Zoetrope, but no one seems to have heard much of them there either. One poster said the following:

"Their forte seems to be original movies for TNT and HBO. Cary Solomon, one of the principals, asked for two of my screenplays, which I sent about three weeks ago."

And that's as much as anyone seems to know about them.

If anyone finds anything more, let us all know. I'm wondering if there's anyone out there whose script they <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> haven't<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> requested.
Old 02-07-2001, 02:12 PM   #5
BHill

Default I feel like Charlie Brown

It might make you feel better (but now I'm starting to feel very unwanted) but they passed on reading my script but asked to see other ideas.

It could have been a medium thing, I'm not sure my script would play well on TV.

Let us know how things progress with them.
Old 02-08-2001, 05:24 AM   #6
GirlinGray

It creeps me out when you kids determine a company's legitimacy by whether or not they ask for a release form.

A release form does not help you. Ever. Release forms are against you. Always. Avoid them whenever possible. Certainly do not use them as a warranty of a company's legitimacy. They are not.
Old 02-08-2001, 10:47 AM   #7
Doug Raine

Here's what I know (they also requested a script of mine). Cary Solomon and his partner had 3 scripts produced by a company named Interlight. Cary was also listed as "associate or co-producer" on them. Interlight got their money from Korea, Daewoo Autos to be exact. Daewoo has folded (so don't buy their cars). I called Interlight. The assistant to Patrick Choi informed me that "yes we had done business with Cary Solomon, but the last time was 1998. A far as I know, we had no problem in dealing with them."

A friend of mine directed one of those three pictures. He had never heard of Cary Solomon. When he did the show there had been quite a number of writers on the script. He never knew him as a "producer".

Cary and his partner also wrote/developed/produced a TV series titled THE IMMORTAL.

So, I don't know at what point they became involved with Interlight. They have posted their company at the moviebytes location for a couple years now. My gut feeling is they may be a little to removed form the source. And, I will hold off on sending my script, because it seems to be generating its own buzz with other companies.

That's all I have. Best of luck.
Old 02-18-2001, 07:05 AM   #8
Beauty Cream

cary and chuck are real. numenorean are a DTV company based in b/hills. they are writers themselves and have good contacts.

numenorean films
po box 11409
beverly hills california 90210

re: release forms. the girlingray wrote a reply i would have written. re: doug raine's info i can vouch for. without stating my workplace, we have dealt with numenorean.
Old 02-18-2001, 01:02 PM   #9
steeves

Default PO Boxes...

...make me uncomfortable... legitimate companies *usually* have a street address listed.
Old 02-18-2001, 05:20 PM   #10
expat in LA

Default lost script

They too requested my script back in December. When I followed up a week ago, Cary emailed me to say they couldn't find it. Not very impressed I'm afraid!