Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Strangerthanfiction
User

Default Zero Gravity

I know there are tons of really old threads about Zero Gravity, and Georgia Vestakis, but was wondering if anyone has any recent news, does she still request loads of scripts ect?
Strangerthanfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
ClintW3
Regular

Default Re: Zero Gravity

She requested our script on Feb. 24, about a week after we sent the query.
We haven't heard anything since.
Hope this helps.
Curious what the scoop is, too.
ClintW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
Eugene Mont
New User

She requested a script of mine on February 6th and I sent it to her the same day. I never heard back, but an agent requested two pages from it and said it was overwritten. After reviewing it with my colleague, I agree that it was overwritten, and made a ton of revisions. So, I don't think my script was as strong as it could have been, unfortunately. But Georgia is definitely requesting scripts!
Eugene Mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Strangerthanfiction
User

Thanks for your responses Clint, and Eugene. Sounds as though she still requests tons of scripts... I've yet to come across anyone who has heard back from ZG after sending their script, although I'm sure there are some lucky peeps out there.

Last edited by Strangerthanfiction : 03-25-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 AM   #5
pabloamigo
User

I heard back fairly promptly after querying Georgia with my first script. She asked me to send through something else. I did, but not heard anything for a couple of weeks now.

Guess the premise didn't grab her - or you guys are clogging up her inbox!
pabloamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 AM   #6
ShugarPakket
User

I got a script request from Georgia yesterday. I sent the script last night, so hopefully I'll hear something eventually.

But yes, it seems she still requests a lot of scripts. Unless they're so inundated with queries through their submission email that it only seems like they request a lot, when they're really only requesting 10% or something?

I've also read that although they request a lot, they rarely follow through. They probably cast a wide net but only keep the choicest catches.
ShugarPakket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #7
Strangerthanfiction
User

She requested my script too, sent it a few weeks back now, but not heard anything since... Her inbox must be flooded with scripts! Won't hold out any hope...
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
Anointed
Regular

I've queried another rep. there and they (I went back and forth with the rep. and the assistant) got back to me in 2 weeks like they said they would, and that was during the holidays nonetheless. I guess it depends on the rep.
Anointed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
MrZero
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugarPakket View Post
I've also read that although they request a lot, they rarely follow through. They probably cast a wide net but only keep the choicest catches.
About two months after I sent them my script they asked me for additional material. I'd already given them my best script, so I ended up sending one that I had less confidence in. Then I encountered the wall of silence. I guess I didn't have enough high-quality ammo for them, but I can confirm that they are capable of following through.

I'd say the wide-net policy is a decent way of finding diamonds in the rough that most others would overlook. But I can't imagine what their reading load is like (shudder).
MrZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #10
Eugene Mont
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction View Post
Thanks for your responses Clint, and Eugene. Sounds as though she still requests tons of scripts... I've yet to come across anyone who has heard back from ZG after sending their script, although I'm sure there are some lucky peeps out there.
No problem! Best of luck with your script!!
Eugene Mont is offline   Reply With Quote