No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Plug For ScriptGal (Amanda)

Hi All -

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm on vacation the last two weeks of June. I have a few slots left before then, so if you're interested, please reserve now. Otherwise, I'll be starting up again in July.

Happy Summer!

Amanda
    ScriptGal
    Screenplay Consultation & Analysis
    Fifteen Years Development Experience
    http://www.scriptgal.com/

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

I have been using the Screenplay Mechanic for all of my scripts since 2007. I also always used a female script analyst to get a second (and female) opinion. As most folks at DD know, Andrew is amazing. But based on Jeff Lowell's comments and the glowing reviews ScriptGal has received here, I just used her. And she is incredible. Her eye for detail is astonishing, as is her level of enthusiasm for the work of and success of her clients. She gives enormously insightful notes and also argues powerfully for her suggestions, even if the writer at first does not agree. She makes a compelling and logical case for all of her suggestions -- and in doing so, won me over on a critical point I had initially rejected. At least for myself, I cannot overstate the value of that kind of clarity and determination. Based on my experience, I cannot recommend Amanda highly enough. And she will now become part of my two-analyst dynamo team with Andrew the Mechanic.

Comment

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of praise for ScriptGal. I just got her notes, and they were really perceptive, very smart. For anyone who's serious about trying to take his or her writing to a higher level, and who isn't destitute, it's a no-brainer to seek her (quite affordable) services.

Comment

I'll chime in as well. Drew couldn't fit me into his schedule and recommended Amanda.

GREAT NOTES! Paid for the whole kit-and-kaboodle and that's exactly what I got. No need for a 3 paragraph story...she simply rocks. If your serious about coverage, she's your gal.

Comment

I also got notes from Amanda recently and commend her notes.

She provided opinions that I overlooked and can see how they can be instrumental for the story.

Check her out.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Scriptgal and her work. She's very insightful and sees things in a script I didn't consider. I also like the fact she's very punctual. There's nothing worse than finishing a script and having to wait 3 weeks for feedback.

She's a real pro and I wouldn't hesitate to use her again

Comment

I've gone to The Mechanic a few times in the past for some feedback on a script, and everyone knows how great he is/can be.

So, I tried something different for a change based off of the positive reviews on this thread, and recently used ScriptGal for comments on a new pilot of mine.

And, wow, I was blown away! She's fantastic. It's crazy how even the smallest details or changes she suggests can benefit you, your story, your characters, etc. Things that only a fresh pair of (smart) eyes can pick out.

I honestly can't recommend her enough.

Comment

hey Amanda, are you still in the biz of giving notes? if so, do you have any openings this month?

Comment

Yes! I have a few slots left. I will PM you more details.
                    ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Great notes as always! Thank you, Amanda! This script's gonna get even better now!

Comment

A few months ago, I discovered Amanda on this forum, and it's the best thing that's happened to me as a screenwriter. I've worked with her on two scripts now. Not only is she incredibly professional and passionate in her work, but she has consistently provided feedback that improved the story, and inspired me as a writer -- even when I sent her multiple drafts in a short period of time.

Most importantly, she clearly cares about her customers and the craft.

I could not recommend Amanda more highly!!!

Comment

Happy Belated New Year/early Valentine's Day, everyone.

Just a heads up - the discount page on my website has become easily visible to anyone searching for me on the web, so I took it down. I do still offer a discount for Done Deal folks, so if you are interested in working with me, PM me or send me an email to [email protected] and reference Done Deal.

Thanks!

Amanda
                          ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Working...
                          X