Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Little Lies

Loving the music and plot. Already figured out the twist (someone who read the book confirmed it to me).

However my eyes caught something in the intro video I wondered about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF_1iPFr6Dw

Starting at minute 1:12 the main women characters parade toward the camera one by one.

However there is a MAN standing behind Reese Witherspoon who we never see.

IMHO it looks like Lenny Kravitz who is NOT in the show but Zoe Kravitz is in the show.

I think it's either him OR it's Michael Kiwanuka who performs the opening theme song.

Thoughts? Anyone know who that is behind Reese Witherspoon?
    You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Re: Big Little Lies

Originally posted by UneducatedFan View Post
    Loving the music and plot. Already figured out the twist (someone who read the book confirmed it to me).

Starting at minute 1:12 the main women characters parade toward the camera one by one.

IMHO it looks like Lenny Kravitz who is NOT in the show but Zoe Kravitz is in the show.

I think it's either him OR it's Michael Kiwanuka who performs the opening theme song.

Just saw the pilot, before HBO cut me off. (Damn you, Netflix for not coming up with the ball!)

My guess is few people will have the discriminating eye you have, Uneducated. Over here, we had to keep rewinding it just to catch all the snippets of clever dialogue. Great show.

Now I just need to figure out how to see the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by UneducatedFan View Post

If I may: my take on your claim is, first of all, that the woman in question is not Reese Witherspoon. Ms. Witherspoon has a distinctive chin and the woman in the video — although quite beautiful — does not have that chin. I have not seen this show and so I do not know whether the other women in the parade are in the show, but if so, in my opinion only, the last woman is not Ms. Witherspoon. If it turns out to be Reese Witherspoon, then kudos to the lighting and make-up persons for making her look so different.

As for the man following the line of ladies, the hairstyle and sunglasses are trademark images of Lenny Kravitz, whereas Michael Kiwanuka's hairstyle is more “pronounced” and his images rarely include him wearing sunglasses. Furthermore, the shape of the head is more like that of Mr. Kravitz than that of Mr. Kiwanuka, and the beard of Lenny Kravitz is close-shaved, whereas that of Michael Kiwanuka is more “pronounced.”

Also, Lenny Kravitz is 5’7” tall, and with the height of the American woman at 5’4” on average, the perspective of the camera at the women's eye level puts at the correct level the elevation of the head of the man who may be Lenny Kravitz, or at least it is a man who dresses similarly to Monsieur Kravitz.

Add the fact the Zoe Kravitz is a star on the show, and you have a recipe that increases the odds and likelihood that the man is indeed, Lenny Kravitz.

My question is, regarding the last woman in the “parade,” just who is that “strikingly beautiful” blonde-haired woman?
      [for those who recall the great “strikingly beautiful” debate ]

Cherchez la femme!
      Last edited by Clint Hill; 03-25-2017, 04:47 AM.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

After having finished the series I now have an answer to my question.

<thar be spoilers below>

It was Alexandar Skarsgard dressed as Elvis which makes sense when you see the costumes the other women are wearing in the last episode.

So basically the intro gives away in that shot the ending. All the women parading towards the camera and the blurry image of the guilty person behind them all.

It was a nice kinda hidden touch.
        Last edited by UneducatedFan; 04-06-2017, 03:09 PM.
        You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Comment

This show was so incredible. All my predictions came true (knowing nothing of the book) which I guess makes it predictable, but I didn't care. It was a pleasure to watch it all play out. Me thinks it will dominate at this year's Emmys.

Comment

Working...
          X