• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dark Knight

Originally posted by thewire View Post
    Fantastic movie!

Yeah, what plot holes?

If the Joker doesn't plan chaos, then what was up with the bombs on the two ferry ships and the hostages in the building? I thought maybe that took a lot of planning and time to set up...
    The Joker fooled you like he did everyone else.

Comment

I will never admit the Joker fooled me. No way.

Comment

Everyday Items If They Were Designed for Batman

http://www.cracked.com/article_16494...ed-batman.html

Some funny stuff...
        Last edited by thewire; 07-19-2008, 11:22 PM. Reason: i added 2 cents

Comment

I'm assuming I don't have to say SPOILER ALERT as anyone who's on this forum has obviously seen the movie ...

That said, I want to know people's take on the fate of Harvey Dent.

Did he die?

Was that "memorial scene" with Gordon talking about Dent a funeral?

I don't mind the ambiguity, but I'm curious as to other people's take on what they think happened. Batman survived the same fall, but he has the suit on. To me, it didn't look like Dent was breathing. If he was alive, are Gordon and Batman going to somehow keep him quiet or locked up in Arkham? How does the script read?

But, damn, if he's dead. I want to see more Two-Face vs. Batman in the third film.

Comment

His death was certainly implied during the memorial press conference type scene, though I figure he was not dead, just knocked out from the fall. Obviously his career as DA is kaput, so he lives on as Two-Face. I agree he should return in some capacity in the (eventual) third film, but not at the center of the plot as his "story" was explored at an emotional high in TDK already.

Comment

mister Reese = mysteries

mysteries = riddles

riddles = riddler!
              Script List

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

If we're speculating villains for the next film here's my thought. *SPOILER*

Since they killed off Batman's love interest in this one, they are either going to re-introduce a new one or leave it out of the next one. Should they choose to go the route, Catwoman would be introduced next. If Nolan is on board, it may be one of the best, if not THE best trilogy ever.
                  Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                  Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

I just saw a magic trick on Youtube involving a pencil.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
                      If we're speculating villains for the next film here's my thought. *SPOILER*

Since they killed off Batman's love interest in this one, they are either going to re-introduce a new one or leave it out of the next one. Should they choose to go the route, Catwoman would be introduced next. If Nolan is on board, it may be one of the best, if not THE best trilogy ever.
                      We saw the explosion. I don't remember seeing her body. Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by suzeaa View Post
                        We saw the explosion. I don't remember seeing her body. Did I miss something?
                        It's implied she died. I guess they left it up in the air sorta though, but I think she's dead.

And anyway...

This movie was amazing. I'm really upset though about Heath's death. More than I was before. I was upset when it happened because of the excitement I had for this movie, knowing he couldn't do the role in a third film.

Now, after seeing it, I'm even more upset/angry. He did an outstanding job. Like nothing I've ever seen. That was not Heath Ledger. That was the Joker. There was nothing else there. It was truly amazing in my mind. The entire story was so easy to be sucked into. The whole Batman world just was so real in this film. It's what I loved about Batman Begins, but this topped that for sure.

Honestly, I came in with such high expectations and they were met. I was coming in really hoping I wouldn't be let down. I wasn't.

Amazing. I don't think they can top film in the third installment.

And I pray they never recast Ledger. They need to just get the Joker out of the story. Find a way to do that, make it believable, and get a good new villian in the story... THEN I'll be happy.

I think reasting Ledger would be the biggest mistake they could make.

Comment

True, about a third into the film I felt the same thing, like, this is it, he is the Joker for real, but this is the last we'll see see of him -- the actor and the character.

It's truly incredible how much story, action and character is packed into the 2 and 1/2 hours. The third film probably cannot top TDK, but if it's in the hands of Nolan, chances are looking pretty damn good!!

Comment

Brilliant piece of film making. I loved it on so many levels. As a film fan and screenwriting fan.

I'm just going to state this and let the chips fall where they may:

This is the best movie about the "War on Terror" I have ever seen. And it wasn't even about this particular issue... Or was it?

I know the Batman series is the farthest one can get from the contemporary issues the world is facing, and I am not trying to stir up any kind of heated political debate. But I found myself smiling ear-to-ear... Not unlike the Joker... With the issues this movie address even if they were in subtle (thematic) ways. In my opinion, one of the central questions asked is what are you, visa vi Bruce Wayne/Batman and even Harvey Dent, willing to do to protect what you believe in and love? And to what lengths are you willing to go to in order to achieve those ends? I think this is why this movie will resonate with adults even more than kids/teens if they are willing to not just take the movie at face value.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself the villain".

This pretty much sums up why *I* think this film is inadvertently about the War on Terror and what lengths we, as supposed civilized nations, willing to go to fight those like the Joker who have no real agenda other than to see the world burn (Al Queda claims it is a Jihad; the reality is religion has very little to do with why they do what they do if you research them).

I liked how the movie touched on the fact the Joker is the ultimate "Terrorist"... Even being so bold as to have Commissioner Gordon call him that by name... And how like real terrorists, the mob was so desperate to hold onto what they had they turned to a man like him for help, but he turned out to be even too much for them to control.

The movie also explored other pertinent issues relating to terrorism like invasion of one's privacy for the greater good (turning all the cell phones in Gotham into a giant sonar imaging device), unorthodox interrogation methods, (Batman beating the Joker to a pulp in at the Gotham PD station and everybody just letting him), and the "other" war we've got ourselves into that we were not prepared for (the ambush on Dent's transport where the cops are yelling this isn't what they signed up for; desperately calling for air support).

I realize sometimes "a banana is just a banana". But if you look at what this movie is about underneath just the crazy guy in a bat suit battling the crazy guy in clown face makeup... I think it examines the world we live in and is able to do something none of the overtly political movies like "Lions for Lambs" and "Stop Loss" were able to do: Reflect on the times we live in, offer a glimmer of hope, but never at the expense of being entertaining first and foremost. I think this is the lesson aspiring screenwriters should take from this if nothing else.

On a less cerebral note...

I think Kristen Bell would make the perfect Harley Quinn. Pair her up with the Riddler, Anthony Michael Hall, and I think you have a great over-the-top evil duo, but who are still anchored in reality.
                            Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

I saw this one this moring, the 11:00 showing in Fullerton, CA. Hey what a great Batman movie! The idea of Two-face, and the Joker... WOW! IT's sad about Heath's last performance, but as faith will have it... excellent piece of work!

Furthermore, I agree about doing another one... but the possibilities would have to out stretch it enough to create a third!

Excellent film!
                              D. Alin
                              http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

The banana comment was for people piecing together the villain in the next film, three or four years in advance, using logic last seen used by the acid eaters. I'm pretty sure it will come down to David Tennant playing the riddler.

Still haven't seen the movie yet, I know, I'm a monster and it's already been out for two and half days. But I find your view interesting. I thought Batman Begins exploited the current global environment for a quick and easy bad guy. Now I'm even more anxious to see this film but with 35000 per screen ( ) that ain't gonna happen for some time.

Am I reading this information wrong or did it make 155 million in one day? That can't be right, can it?
                                The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X