No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great meeting at First-look TV Prodco

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
    Can't say much, other than that a development deal requires certain things for the first project a prodco with a first-look deal brings to the studio (because they almost always get made) and we didn't meet all of those requirements.
    Any more insight into this little dilemma? What certain things are they looking for? Are these parameters exclusive to TV deals?

By the way, sorry to hear that man. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and drink heavily... I mean, get back at it.

Comment

Re: Great first meeting at Prodco with Production Deal

In this particular case...the network requested something specific in a three-cam format. Ours was single cam and skewed a bit older than they wanted.

They asked to see it again next season.

Fully recovered now. Working on my next sit-com while doing yet more rewrites for these guys on two features. If I don't get one of them out by September...I will tantrum.
      "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Re: Great first meeting at Prodco with Production Deal

As they say, "There's always next season ... "
        Actually, we had a similar experience with this co. We also had a single camera idea that they wanted in a 3 camera format. We were also told we had to come in with an experienced showrunner attached to the project.
        Sounds like the door is still open for you so that's a good thing. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X