No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armored

Originally posted by gravitas View Post
    I hope people are rooting for me when I'm watching my own and not bashing me online, but that's the reality of the business I guess. Jcgary thank you for clarifying your points.
    That's not the reality of the business...it's the reality screenwriting message boards. The majority of the people who visit message boards have nothing to do with the business...it's not their reality at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
      That's not the reality of the business...it's the reality screenwriting message boards. The majority of the people who visit message boards have nothing to do with the business...it's not their reality at all.
      ditto. Idealogy and reality don't mix. What happens in the trenches has nothing to do with message boards. Whether you like the film or not it's a HUGE achievement to weave through the BullshIt, fight your way through doors and raise your head high up knowing you did something that thousands failed to achieve. Find a voice that the others respect and pay for!

Comment

I think the day I sell is the day I'm going to quit reading lol

Comment

Went and saw it this week. Great movie, probably one of the best action-thrillers I've seen this year. In addition, as a Canadian, James V. Simpson is pretty much a hero of mine now. I always felt that Canadian screenwriters had to essentially become an American to make a splash in their industry. This guy proved it wrong (at least from what I've read). Plus, it's always nice to see an original story.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Went and saw it this week. Great movie, probably one of the best action-thrillers I've seen this year. In addition, as a Canadian, James V. Simpson is pretty much a hero of mine now. I always felt that Canadian screenwriters had to essentially become an American to make a splash in their industry. This guy proved it wrong (at least from what I've read). Plus, it's always nice to see an original story.
            Shhhh, apparently the O word is debatable as previously mentioned/argued throughout the thread.

Either way, Armored could in no way be worse than 90% of the crap that has come out this year. I look forward to seeing it... eventually.

Comment

Just to tie a bow on things, I've amended two of my posts in the thread to reflect the rest of the conversation (not deleted anything, simply added 'updates') so people coming late to the party don't read what I've written and jump to conclusions. I've already said it here, but I'll reiterate: I never thought that Simpson stole ideas from anyone -- I presumed that any similarities his July 07 draft had in common with Simoneau's Sept 04 draft of the Pouvoir Intime English adaption was purposeful and not at all in any way shady. I didn't make that clear in my initial posts, and should have. I apologize for the oversight.

I've seen a lot of backstabbing b.s. in my years in Hollywood and have always prided myself on not participating in one stinkin' bit of it. I get no joy from snorting at more successful writers. I much prefer the usual bloodsport in Hollywood: agent-hating.

Comment

All I know is that the trailer is TERRIBLE. Bad trailer = wait for DVD. I will see it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jcgary View Post
                  Pouvoir Intime by Yves Simoneau with a draft date of September 2004
                  Love to read this..

If anybody can oblige please PM me and I can promise you gold and riches beyond your wildest dreams..

Ta...

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                    . . . but the concept of being trapped in an armored truck was genius. The film removes the trapped aspect, which takes away the best thing in the script.

- Bill
                    Say it ain't so, Bill. That's what I loved about it.

Big congratulations still, Jay, for your accomplishment. I can't wait to see this.

And for those who don't know, Deus passed the torch to me when he left. So if any of you rookies wanna know anything about screenwriting, please follow my posts and you'll quickly see I know my sh1t.

Corona
                    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

$6.6 million weekend. Bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                        $6.6 million weekend. Bomb.

May we all be so lucky to sell a spec, have it produced and released on the big screen and bomb with 6.6 million opening weekend.

Comment

May we all be so lucky to sell a spec, have it produced and released on the big screen and bomb with 6.6 million opening weekend.
                          Did I say otherwise? Merely reporting the b.o, as people often do when discussing the week's new releases.

Chill, Gilly....

Comment

they'll be lucky to make a decent profit after dvd sales. not sure why i wasnt interested in this movie, the story interested me, but something about the cast i cant put my finger on. i'll probably catch it on dvd though.
                            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                              Did I say otherwise? Merely reporting the b.o, as people often do when discussing the week's new releases.

Chill, Gilly....

Seems like there's not as many people around here interested in writing anymore so I'm just reminding all that "bombs" are for fanboy websites...there's no bombs around here when a screenwriter from Canada earns 500K and a big screen credit his first time out.

Comment

Just came back from a matinee...

ARMORED is a really solid genre movie. I was totally engaged from beginning to end. Can't remember the last time that happened at the theatre.

But I have no idea why they released this movie in December. There's no way this was ever going to have a huge opening. But a solid thrill ride like this would definitely have nice legs... if it was released at a better time of year, like January or February. But it's gonna get totally steamrolled in the Christmas movie rush. What was the studio thinking?

Anyway, as noted earlier this is guaranteed to do really well on DVD. But it's a shame more people won't see it in theatres. It's definitely worth the price of admission.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X