Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackingB Feature Results Coming

I see they announced their APA/Adler prize winner, and the rest of the results are coming next week...

Good luck to all, and congrats to Nate Wilcoxen who got a manager and agent out of it already!

Re: TrackingB Feature Results Coming

Hmmm.... I don't see an announcement anywhere... did you get the information in your email or maybe from their newsletter?

Comment

No, It's in the main blog section and can be seen if you click "FEATURE CONTEST" or "PREVIOUS CONTESTS", and look at "2014 CONTEST."

Comment

Thanks, Thrill! I found it! Yikes, the Adler prize winner, WHERE DEVILS ROAM, sounds good! -- I wish I could add it to my Netflix queue now!

Good luck to all who've entered!

Comment

Results are in... I know it's a process, but unlike previous years, there seem to be many writers that have gone unsigned at the time of announcement. Including 2 finalists. Anyway, congrats to all!

TRACKINGB FEATURE CONTEST RESULTS!

January 16, 2015 By TrackingB.com

Feature script contest results are in, and we are excited to announce our Finalists, Honorable Mentions, Overall Winner, and APA/Adler Prize Winner.

FINALISTS:

TOY SOLDIER - by Nick Reiff. Ehsan is an Afghan farm boy with a big secret: he's got a wounded US soldier hidden in his garden shed. Now he must smuggle his new friend back to safety- before some very bad people come looking for them both. (contact: treiffus (at) yahoo.com)

SENECTUS - by Jason Kaleko. After a pair of newlyweds explores a mysterious subbasement in their new dream home, a containment team arrives and seals them inside the building that is not a house, but rather a Cold War-era facility with a horrible secret... (JUST SIGNED BY UTA & ENERGY ENTERTAINMENT!)

BROKEN - by Gregory Tung. A woman is trapped underneath a wrecked car in the middle of the wilderness. A bag of money lies next to her. She must free herself then use the skills her father taught her as a child to survive and make the long journey up a mountain to her cabin before her criminal ex finds her and his money-- all with a broken leg. (contact: gstung (at) gmail.com)

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

IRON EXODUS - by Dorothy Kozak Snoke. True story of a group of 1970's Russian 20-somethings who embark on a daring hijacking mission, staging a "mock wedding- to escape from the Iron Curtain. The mission fails, but the action sparks a worldwide movement to protest their subsequent death sentences, that ultimately begins the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of the Soviet empire. (contact: dorkozak (at) gmail.com)

WHERE THE DEVIL ROAMS - by Nate Wilcoxen. When a reclusive heiress's granddaughter is pulled from a lake thirty years after vanishing, a psychologically scarred detective is forced to battle a secretive town to uncover the grisly truth. (JUST SIGNED BY APA & CIRCLE OF CONFUSION!)

WORK RELEASE - by Patrick Connelly. A comedy about a son who is forced to hire his estranged, recently paroled father for his company's work release program (contact: patcon23 (at) gmail.com)

THE APPEAL - by Yoav Potash. The true story of wrongfully incarcerated inmate Deborah Peagler and the two young real estate lawyers who fight for her freedom by waging a David and Goliath crusade against the largest D.A.'s office in the country. (contact: yopo (at) yoavpotash.com or https://www.facebook.com/FilmmakerYoPo)

DOGGED - by Braden R. Duemmler. Facing a terminal diagnosis, Tommy Jones works hard to set up a new home for his wife, Sammy, and his unborn child, but when his renovations break through a trap door, he inadvertently unleashes a horrible terror on his family. (contact: brad (at) rangerfilms.com)

And the Caren Bohrman Overall Winner Award, chosen by our panel of industry judges, goes to.......

BROKEN by Gregory Tung

The APA/Adler Prize Winner (guaranteed representation from lit Manager Josh Adler/Circle of Confusion and lit agent Mike Goldberg/APA) goes to...

Nate Wilcoxen. Nate's script entry WHERE DEVILS ROAM (see above for logline) pulled them in, and is an impressive piece.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!

**AND PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TRACKINGB ORIGINAL TV PILOT CONTEST IS NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!**
          FADE IN:
          PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
          NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jai Brandon View Post
            Results are in... I know it's a process, but unlike previous years, there seem to be many writers that have gone unsigned at the time of announcement. Including 2 finalists. Anyway, congrats to all!
            Thanks Jai! I wrote Broken.

I actually never heard of this contest until late last year when I heard an interview with Mickey Fisher and on a whim decided to enter.

In the past, were most people signed when the results came out?

If so, that's pretty incredible. I will say that things are definitely in motion for me. Adam (The Insider) has been amazing so far and such an advocate for me. My script has gotten all over town. But personally I can't imagine signing with anybody so fast (1-2 weeks). But hey, if you meet the right reps, then you meet the right reps.

My script is not high concept which is what most managers seem to want. So maybe it'll be harder for me to find the right fit. Who knows. But I'm hopeful!

Comment

Good on you. Congrats and good luck with everything!

Comment

Congrats, Slupo! I thought I remembered reading this logline here in the logline forum a while ago. Am I correct? In any case, this is a great accomplishment!

Comment

Originally posted by jcpdoc View Post
                  Congrats, Slupo! I thought I remembered reading this logline here in the logline forum a while ago. Am I correct? In any case, this is a great accomplishment!
                  Thank you!

Yes I posted the logline here for some feedback. I also asked for some advice on keeping separation b/w three (!) timelines in my script. All feedback was helpful.

Thanks again!

Comment

Big congrats, Slupo!!!!

Good luck moving forward, hope you sell it for big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
                      Big congrats, Slupo!!!!

Good luck moving forward, hope you sell it for big bucks.
                      Thanks!

Haha I hope. But my script isn't sexy high concept. However, it could be easily made for under 5 million. So my hopes are really that it gets made rather than sells for a lot. But I'll take both

Comment

Congrats, Slupo!

Comment

Originally posted by slupo View Post
                          Thanks Jai! I wrote Broken.

I actually never heard of this contest until late last year when I heard an interview with Mickey Fisher and on a whim decided to enter.

In the past, were most people signed when the results came out?

If so, that's pretty incredible. I will say that things are definitely in motion for me. Adam (The Insider) has been amazing so far and such an advocate for me. My script has gotten all over town. But personally I can't imagine signing with anybody so fast (1-2 weeks). But hey, if you meet the right reps, then you meet the right reps.

My script is not high concept which is what most managers seem to want. So maybe it'll be harder for me to find the right fit. Who knows. But I'm hopeful!
                          Excellent stuff, Slupo, and a big congrats! Even if Broken only serves as a writing sample, at least you'll have access to doors that were previously locked. Milk it for all it's worth and enjoy the ride!
                          FADE IN:
                          PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
                          NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

mazel tov!

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck to all of the winners and finalists and mentions and everything!

Slupo -

I think your script has a good concept where one can easily "see" the movie from reading the logline.
                              "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X