Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agency Release Form

I've got an agency release form that I have to fill out to submit with my script, there's a line reading ATTENTION:__________ at the top. Who's name do I fill out there?

Please help, I want to fill it out ASAP, but don't want to look dumb and have to ask the agent.

Re: Agency Release Form

you want people to answer that, out of context?
    there are standard release forms that all basically say the same thing but each company has it tailored for them. just call them or email them. they will tell you. and they won't hold it against you or think you're an idiot. trust me. make the call.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I thought perhaps some had a similar experience with a UTA form.

Comment

Who at UTA sent you the release form? Did you query someone directly?

Comment

I queried an agent, looks like they had their assistant get back me. I put the assistant's name in the "ATTENTION:" box and indicated I was a little unsure about what to put there and to please contacts me if I need to change the form.

Comment

Sounds good. Congrats on getting your script into one of the big boys!

Comment

Thanks, I just hoping that they don't decided "this script is great and all, but do we really want a client who doesn't know how to fill out a release form?"

Comment

Originally posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
                Thanks, I just hoping that they don't decided "this script is great and all, but do we really want a client who doesn't know how to fill out a release form?"
                Don't worry about it. If they like the script you'll be fine.

Good luck!
                @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Just yesterday I had that kind of a boggle, with lots of boxes and lines and uncertain headings.

But I wonder if they even open up these things and look at them once they see the release file attachment in the email you send back to them.

A month ago, I had two script requests from a producer. I did up their releases for each, but inadvertently sent the first one twice, once for each script. I didn't follow-up with a change but instead waited for them to say something, for which I readied an apology.

The last I heard, this week, they're still evaluating the scripts.

Comment

good luck! UTA is huge if you can get in there.

Comment

^ Thanks. I'm hoping for the best. I heard back from the assistant and it turns out I filled out the form correctly.

Comment

Working...
                      X