Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Walking Dead premiere tonight

Can I ask, why the f*ck did the kid walk towards the deer? What the hell was that about? They should've shot the deer and started eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
      Can I ask, why the f*ck did the kid walk towards the deer? What the hell was that about? They should've shot the deer and started eating.
      Because that is what kids do. These people aren't rocket scientists, doctors, or geniuses, they are average Americans. And you know (You may want to sit down for this) average Americans aren't that smart. But they know how to survive and that is what this is all about- surviving the horror. They make make some stupid mistakes but if they didnt the show would be boring.

The characters could probably be better (I watched last year and the premiere and still don't know anyone's name) but they are not exactly A list actors. Most people I've talked to don't watch it for the acting, they watch for the zombies.

As a matter of fact, most people watch TV and film for the entertainment. If they want to watch something scientifically or historically factual they watch a documentary.

I think the show will do fine and I plan to watch it because I'm one of those dumb average Americans.

ewtaylor

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
        I missed the last 10 minutes due to a phone call. Did they find the girl?
        no. and then they saw a deer (see the post prior) and someone shot the boy. we didn't see who, but i think it was the deer... seeking revenge for all that legal deer hunting.

btw - doesn't your tv have caller ID? i can choose whether to leave my show, get up and answer the phone or NOT.

Comment

Originally posted by ewtaylor View Post
          Because that is what kids do. These people aren't rocket scientists, doctors, or geniuses, they are average Americans. And you know (You may want to sit down for this) average Americans aren't that smart. But they know how to survive and that is what this is all about- surviving the horror. They make make some stupid mistakes but if they didnt the show would be boring.

The characters could probably be better (I watched last year and the premiere and still don't know anyone's name) but they are not exactly A list actors. Most people I've talked to don't watch it for the acting, they watch for the zombies.

As a matter of fact, most people watch TV and film for the entertainment. If they want to watch something scientifically or historically factual they watch a documentary.

I think the show will do fine and I plan to watch it because I'm one of those dumb average Americans.

ewtaylor
          I want to let you know, I'm not insulting you. It just made no sense. What the hell was the Kid gonna do to deer? Strangle it? Why the hell did they want him to walk towards it, when that thing could've been supper? You say it's about survival. Then KILL THE GOD DAMN DEER! And EAT!

Comment

I want to let you know, I'm not insulting you. It just made no sense. What the hell was the Kid gonna do to deer? Strangle it? Why the hell did they want him to walk towards it, when that thing could've been supper? You say it's about survival. Then KILL THE GOD DAMN DEER! And EAT!
            It wasn't anything about killing the deer. The other guy was going to shoot it but the "main" star stopped him. The boy did what kids do, they go to animals. That's why petting zoos are so popular.

It was supposed to be a tranquil moment when the horrors of the world were left behind. Then BAM it all comes back in a terrible second.

ewtaylor

Comment

That was kind of odd. I mean both of the guys urge the kid to go on and pet the deer nevermind it might jump the kid or have a virus. Still, all in all it was a good ep. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff but for what it is, it excels at and is a fun fluffy way to pass each Sunday.

Comment

It wasn't anything about killing the deer. The other guy was going to shoot it but the "main" star stopped him. The boy did what kids do, they go to animals. That's why petting zoos are so popular.

It was supposed to be a tranquil moment when the horrors of the world were left behind. Then BAM it all comes back in a terrible second.

ewtaylor

BUT petting a DEER in the wild? This was not a petting zoo. People are STARVING! Wtf? I'm sorry. That wasn't a great scene. When they are f*cking starving, and they find a deer they can eat. They want the kid to go a deer? Jesus! That scene was frustrating, but I did like the episode.

Comment

I don't think anybody would argue that a good story needs conflict.

The problem with the characters is they walk blindly into danger, or as I said before stupid people doing stupid stuff.

The setup for the latest episode. They are driving down the road. As far as I could tell the road was a straight shot in each direction. They would have seen the roadblock car graveyard at least a mile ahead.

Given the situation of the world, it doesn't take a genius to think bad undead things may be lurking in that mess.

Trained police officers would know to keep a safe distance from a potential life-threatening situation.

What do these dimbulbs do? Why, they try to drive through it ofcourse.

They don't even bother to send the motorcycle ahead to scout and make sure they can drive through that mess, and as it's revealed later in the episode, they can't.

It's sloppy writing. The characters are smart or act like idiots when it's convenient to push the story forward.

That whole scene could have been written in a way that doesn't portray the characters as idiots and still plunge them into brain eating zombie goodness.

And really, why are they still driving around in that cash-for-clunkers winnebago? Isn't this the third time in seven episodes its broken down. I see plenty of abandoned cars sitting along the side of the road.

This fan boy could go on and on an on. I still enjoy the show but it's so packed with flaws and lazy writing it makes me cranky.

Yes, much of the idiocy is from the comic. I personally think the show has elevated the mediocre source material.

Who has the EP's number. Somebody needs to step in an save this mess.
                  Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

ewtaylor
                    yes. this was a back to a time when it was peaceful moment.
                    he wasn't going to pet the deer. that's ridiculous! have you never been to the forest to enjoy the view?

actually, you don't have to go to the forest to get close to a deer. there are thousands of them within walking distance to The White House -- check this out... a the National Zoo: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...%3Disch&itbs=1

Comment

Was anyone else hoping for Daryl to haul a license plate out of that zombie's guts?
                      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                        Was anyone else hoping for Daryl to haul a license plate out of that zombie's guts?
                        lol
                        Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                          "It came up the gulf stream"
                          INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
                          Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

^ That was my thinking too. I thought maybe the deer was going to be the sign that was asked for in the church.

I surprised by some of the harsh criticisms earlier in the thread. I don't watch zombie movies as a role, so maybe the derivative aspects of the show aren't apparent to me. I like the way it captures the constant sense of anxiety you'd live with in that situation.

Comment

My problem is that they don't convey the anxiety of the scenario...300 million zombies shambling down the Main Street, USA and these knobs are tooling around in soft-top Jeeps and on motorcycles, taking strolls through the woods without guns and whining about petty-assed shit. Hell, these people are so stupid that they're rooting through abandoned cars for supplies when the doors of every store in the nation are hanging wide open. We have one dude that won't give a woman her gun because he thinks she might commit suicide, and then sends her off with a search party into zombie-infested woods without so much as a baseball bat.

I'm not one of those folks that fantasizes about what I'd do in case of zombie apocalypse, but if I did give it much thought I sure as hell wouldn't be acting like these people. If this is how Hollywood writers think your average American would behave, then they need to step the fuck out of the Sunset Blvd. Starbucks and smell some real coffee.

I'm not asking for the Mad Max of zombiedom, but I'd like a li'l thought put into the scripts other than how to get these people from Point A to B.
                              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

This show is falling fast. Only thing keeping me next week is I heard next week's is going to be good. But I don't know... I'm losing interest quickly...

Comment

Working...
                                X