• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Draft Big Break Opens Today

Just got the email if anyone is interested:

http://store.finaldraft.com/big-brea...Break%20Launch

Re: Final Draft Big Break Opens Today

I always have trouble deciding which categories to put my scripts into in these contests. I have a Western, which is also naturally an Action/Adventure, so do I put it in Action/Adventure or do I go with Period/Historical? I have another script that I would call a Sci-fi Comedy, so do I go with Sci-fi or Comedy?

Comment

Re: Final Draft Big Break Opens Today

Originally posted by MisterInsect View Post
      I always have trouble deciding which categories to put my scripts into in these contests. I have a Western, which is also naturally an Action/Adventure, so do I put it in Action/Adventure or do I go with Period/Historical? I have another script that I would call a Sci-fi Comedy, so do I go with Sci-fi or Comedy?
      The definition I just read for comedy said every scene should be comedic to qualify for the Comedy genre, so the degree of comedy you have in your script might answer the Sci-Fi or Comedy question. As for the other, it seems like they should have a Western category since that's a genre of its own, but if they don't, I think I'd go with Period/Historical.

Edit: Okay, I have to correct myself. For Action Adventure, Page says: All types of action scripts, war stories, westerns, and adventure tales.

I have a similar problem. I have a Coming-of-Age script that I would put in Family except there's a crucial underlying issue that comes to the surface at the end that wouldn't be appropriate for younger children, although I'm fine if there's a Coming-of-Age genre.
      Last edited by P-jay; 03-23-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X