Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I filmed my TV show. Check it out! Lol.

So... the video is live as of this second (6/23/2016)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM9qe6OosRc

Now... the tale is in the numbers and comments... You will notice the integrated commercials in it, if it all works, maybe this is the new TV. They bought ep. 2 already, so if the numbers works perhaps I can keep going
    "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
    SUBTITLED
    Episode 1 (Beef pills)
    Episode 2 (African commercial)
    Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

UPDATE: 6/26/2016

21,000 views in 4 days (way lower than expected but, given the length of the show ect. I'm alright with it)

1,220 likes with 32 dislikes, putting it at just above 2% dislike... I'm really happy about that.

and over 350 comments, 90% or more are positive, with the biggest complaint being the integrated commercials.

Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome, just wish the views were higher... But for sure motivated to do ep #2 now.

I've spent about 30 dollars on promo (Facebook to boost posts) but plan to up it to 100 this week. It's not much, but I am just testing the waters to see where I can get the biggest bang for the promo dollar to then put a budget on it.

And finally, while I did sell the commercial slots for ep # 2 already, we were in negotiations with another company to write the second episode around them (we steal secret formula from them yadda yadda) but they have not yet given us an answer...

We are waiting til Monday to hear back from them and if not, then I will move forward and just write episode two and keep it moving

Any questions about anything let me know!
      Last edited by Mpimentel; 06-27-2016, 04:56 AM.
      "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
      SUBTITLED
      Episode 1 (Beef pills)

Comment

Update 8/29

Episode 2 is now out. THREAD for that here: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=81373

First Episode up to 50,000 views, second, released the 26th is up to 15,000 views.

I've gotten the same sponsor to seal a deal for 6 more episodes, at a lesser budget but with the option of involving new sponsors.

I can pay rent for the next 6 months, I'm ok with that.
        SUBTITLED
        Episode 1 (Beef pills)

Comment

lmao
          si

Comment

I thought the pilot was fantastic. And 21,000 views in a few days sound great to me.

2 questions: What did you initially spend getting that done?

And when you sold advertising was that just local businesses?

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2323 View Post
              I thought the pilot was fantastic. And 21,000 views in a few days sound great to me.

2 questions: What did you initially spend getting that done?

And when you sold advertising was that just local businesses?

Jay
              Episode 3 is literally killing me. But I also think it's going to be the best episode.

OK so, the first episode my friends all volunteered and one of the actors paid for the food/beverages, and I want to say he also paid for the props. Total he spent was 600-1000 bucks I think. That would be the total cost, since I did not have to pay anyone to do it (at that time).

However, we sold the episode before I released it, so everyone got a check they were not expecting. I got a 7,000 budget for that episode to pay everyone from and reimbursed and paid the one actor.

Episode 2 I did with 6,000. (that budget was 5,000 so we went over)

Episode 3 What has been spent might have hit 10,000 due to 4 re-schedules. I have not paid my rent, and basically I'm about to be homeless. I am not exaggerating.

Question 2. Yes, the advertiser is local. I have tried to get funding from big companies, but big companies work with other companies that handle their advertising budget ect. so I have not had any luck.
              SUBTITLED
              Episode 1 (Beef pills)

Comment

This is super entertaining ... i believe in you Mpimentel! Your instincts are right on.

hang in there. you've got tremendous talent. keep on believing, and more importantly, just keep trying to SELL it.

I keep going back to the subtitles, and have to wonder if that's a problem. .. I mean, I know you're sharp, surely you've considered doing it in English and approached Spanish language tv stations?

Comment

Originally posted by Mpimentel View Post
                  Episode 3 What has been spent might have hit 10,000 due to 4 re-schedules. I have not paid my rent, and basically I'm about to be homeless. I am not exaggerating.

.... I have tried to get funding from big companies, but big companies work with other companies that handle their advertising budget ect. so I have not had any luck.
                  Here's another possible rep for Spanish language stuff -- Latin World Entertainment company. They rep Latin writers/actors/directors -- might want to give them a shot(?) Sofia Vergara is one of the founders so it seems on the up and up.

http://latinwe.com/servicios/

Comment

Originally posted by SBdeb View Post
                    This is super entertaining ... i believe in you Mpimentel! Your instincts are right on.

hang in there. you've got tremendous talent. keep on believing, and more importantly, just keep trying to SELL it.

I keep going back to the subtitles, and have to wonder if that's a problem. .. I mean, I know you're sharp, surely you've considered doing it in English and approached Spanish language tv stations?
                    Thank you for those words. I have a proposal for this, which states the whole cast is fully bilingual (should whoever picks it up wish to continue with the cast), so it can be recorded in either or both languages. The reason I don't record it in English is because I have a small fanbase already in Spanish, and it seemed like I had more of a chance in that lane.

However, I am toying with trying to do another show, in English.

Originally posted by figment View Post
                    Here's another possible rep for Spanish language stuff -- Latin World Entertainment company. They rep Latin writers/actors/directors -- might want to give them a shot(?) Sofia Vergara is one of the founders so it seems on the up and up.

http://latinwe.com/servicios/
                    Hit them up before, and when I saw this the other day I E-mailed them again. I'm telling you, I don't even get a reply. It's not even like they see it, or ask for the link or script. The log line is not even pulling looks.
                    SUBTITLED
                    Episode 1 (Beef pills)

Comment

That said.

I just published the new episode. It is my favorite!

Would LOVE some feedback on the direction.

EPISODE #3
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcQJ4_IUHc (Brenda's rescue)
                      SUBTITLED
                      Episode 1 (Beef pills)

Comment

Just a quick update. Feedback has been positive. YouTube numbers update...

Episode 1: 65,000 views (5 months)

Episode 2: 40,000 views (3 months)

Episode 3: 14,000 views (week and half)

On facebook, Episode 3 has 60,000 views. It's not what I want, but I just have to do better.
                        SUBTITLED
                        Episode 1 (Beef pills)

Comment

Maybe look into the NYTVF. They have some opportunities that might be of interest to you. I saw something about a contest for completed comedy pilots that can earn development funds.

Comment

Working...
                          X