Roadmapwritershub.com ...anyone ever use them??

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadmapwritershub.com ...anyone ever use them??

I ran a search and found nothing, so hear it goes:

Anyone use this site: https://roadmapwritershub.com

I saw that this was one of the prizes in the PAGE awards.
    I went to the site and came across a pitch session that was right up my alley for $35. (https://roadmapwritershub.com/collections/open-pitch-sessions)

Anyone have experience using RoadmapWritersHub? I honestly haven't heard of them until I saw them on PAGE award's prize page.

Re: roadmapwritershub.com ...anyone ever use them??

The guy who runs it, Joey Truccio, used to run Stage 32's "Happy Writers" pitch forum and apparently had some kind of falling out with Richard Botto, Stage 32's CEO/founder, although it's unclear what happened -- if he quit, got fired, etc.., because suddenly he wasn't running Happy Writers anymore and they provided no explanation. I know that a lot of people have had very serious problems with Happy Writers, though, see here:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/stage32.com

Whether that same stuff is happening at Roadmap, no idea, but it could be worth taking into consideration.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you, grumpy. I have heard/read many criticisms of the Happy Writers pitch sessions ... I'll look into it further and see what I can find about Roadmap.

Comment

No problem. I actually didn't know about Roadmap either until I contacted Joey a few weeks ago to ask him about not seeing him any more around Happy Writers, which I had used a few times but years ago, and he said he "left Happy Writers to start something way better." And then I got put on his email list and now receive 3 or 4 junk emails from Roadmapwriters a day

I know that most of the people they would be charging you $35 a pop to pitch you can access on your own if you look in the right places. I grew sour on the screenwriting cottage industry a while back. Best way to "break in" is just writing good scripts and sending them out without padding the wallets of all of these "middlemen".

Comment

As I understand it, Joey Tuccio (no R), started Roadmap Writers after Stage 32 bought his Happy Writers company, turned it into something he didn't like, and basically told him he could go screw if he didn't like it. He started over and turned Roadmap Writers into one of the best resources for writers around. They offer a range of programs and services according to your budget and skill level to help you both hone your craft and get access. The highlight of the service is the "Top Tier" program, which you must be invited to join. It's not cheap, but the rewards can be great. About 50 writers have been signed to agents or managers through this program. Plus, unlike some writing "services" that will bleed you dry, the stated goal of this program is to get you out of the program and on to your writing career. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Re: Roadmapwritershub.com ...anyone ever use them??

Hi Joey!

CBerger:

As I understand it, Joey Tuccio (no R), started Roadmap Writers after Stage 32 bought his Happy Writers company, turned it into something he didn't like, and basically told him he could go screw if he didn't like it. He started over and turned Roadmap Writers into one of the best resources for writers around. They offer a range of programs and services according to your budget and skill level to help you both hone your craft and get access. The highlight of the service is the "Top Tier" program, which you must be invited to join. It's not cheap, but the rewards can be great. About 50 writers have been signed to agents or managers through this program. Plus, unlike some writing "services" that will bleed you dry, the stated goal of this program is to get you out of the program and on to your writing career. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

First things first...

Happy Writers was around BEFORE Stage 32, and...

The Stage 32 owner is a promoter by trade (magazines, clubs, etc.), and is much a thespian as a donkey is a ballerina.

You're welcome again

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                Hi Joey!

CBerger:

Hi Joey, Indeed.

Comment

It looks like Joey (no R) needs some coaching in how to write believable character dialogue.
                  Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
                  "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Easy folks. I don't know these various people, but I can tell you that CBerger is not Joey. CBerger is a real person, who does write. Also, not to be disrespectful of anyone's privacy, but since it's posted on their site and easy enough to find/stumble onto, I am sure it's very safe to say he's is the same person on this list as well: https://www.roadmapwriters.com/pages/success-stories

Navigate through the names using the arrows or the dots. There is a reason why he personally supports the service publicly.

This is not an endorsement of anyone or anything by any means, but falsely accusing someone isn't fair or right.
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                    X