Sold script, movie in post-prod., can't get agent...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sold script, movie in post-prod., can't get agent...

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
    Hey Geoff... how did this cat blow the deal, exactly?
    He said no to a reasonable offer because he thought he could get a vastly greater sum of money.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckhustmyre
      I appreciate the good advice. It's the rock throwers that are the problem. I could ask about the weather, and someone would criticize the question.

I appreciate legitimate criticism and advice, just not negativity for negativity's sake.
      Honestly, I have seen a minimal amount of that. It seems to me that people have responded in good faith to your question, but you don't like the answer. But, if you come back in three months and say, hey, I just sold my book to that company that requested it, my response will be "awesome and congratulations!"

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
        He said no to a reasonable offer because he thought he could get a vastly greater sum of money.
        Ouch.
        Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

^^^ Yeah, my "partner" once did that to an option offer, lo' those many years ago. "Option? No, we want the the full commitment up front." Boy did that throw the ice down their (Uni's) pants.

Comment

Gauchita,

I took what you said with a grain of salt, but started writing my period piece anyway. It's a true story that I'm really passionate about--it's a story that I really want to tell, and I'm enjoying writing it. If I can finish it in time, maybe I'll enter it in Nicholl--more dramas win than other genres there.

Originally posted by Gauchita View Post
            Oh, god, take what I share with a grain of salt. People are absolutely not clammering for these types of projects. I just wanted to show that long shot samples aren't always a lost cause.

Comment

Originally posted by jamypac View Post
              Gauchita,

I took what you said with a grain of salt, but started writing my period piece anyway. It's a true story that I'm really passionate about--it's a story that I really want to tell, and I'm enjoying writing it. If I can finish it in time, maybe I'll enter it in Nicholl--more dramas win than other genres there.
              Ok You'll do great.

Comment

outstanding

Comment

A query from a couple of weeks ago came back and I signed with Zero Gravity Management.

Now I can get back to writing full time

Chuck
                  That's fabulous news, man! Keep us posted on your progress, good luck!

Comment

A query from a couple of weeks ago came back and I signed with Zero Gravity Management.

Now I can get back to writing full time

Chuck
                    Who did you sign with at ZG? Eric is a nice guy.

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Chuck!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

That's a fantastic outcome. Not many threads here start with "I'm published and nobody will rep me," and end with "I signed with Zero Gravity Management." Excellent.
                        "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

Now, if he can sell something ...
                          Oh man, Chuck... You just opened a can of worms. Let the advice fly! lol

Comment

Now, if he can sell something ...
                            **sighs**

Comment

I have no idea how that can open a can of worms. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
                              Dude... I was joking!

Comment

From my advice trunk - You have to calm down, dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X