No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nick Writing Fellowship

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
    If you get staffed on a show, that's about how long you have to write an episode. Might be worth a try, if only for practice.
    Plus it is REALLY COOL if you do this and it works. My writing partner and I wrote a Walking Dead spec in five days. I think my brain kind of melted. But it was cool.
    writertypepeople.tumblr.com
    twitter.com/susanlbridges
    pendantaudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Susanlbridges View Post
      Plus it is REALLY COOL if you do this and it works. My writing partner and I wrote a Walking Dead spec in five days. I think my brain kind of melted. But it was cool.
      Although on a show, there are many weeks of breaking story in the room, going to outline, and revising the outline according to various parties' notes before actually going to script so it's not quite the same as just writing a script start to finish in 7 or 8 days

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
        Although on a show, there are many weeks of breaking story in the room, going to outline, and revising the outline according to various parties' notes before actually going to script so it's not quite the same as just writing a script start to finish in 7 or 8 days
        Yeah, frankly I wouldn't have the balls to send something I wrote in a week. Not to someone important anyway. I like the idea, I'm just not that fast.
        "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
        - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

So...according to the Nickelodeon Writing Program Facebook page, Karen Kirkland has almost finished reading and she is going to announce the semifinalists soon! That seems really early this year! Usually it's late August when the calls go out.

Good luck to any DDers who entered!

Comment

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
            So...according to the Nickelodeon Writing Program Facebook page, Karen Kirkland has almost finished reading and she is going to announce the semifinalists soon! That seems really early this year! Usually it's late August when the calls go out.

Good luck to any DDers who entered!
            Within moments of reading your post, I made a bee-line to the note cards to start outlining for a B 99 spec that had been on the back burner for months, all with the intent of "being ready" with a recent spec should I be fortunate enough to receive a call from Nick. And yet 2.5 weeks later, there's no word from them. In any event, I managed to put together a competent first draft, which would've taken far longer had I not seen your post

Maybe they'll follow the same timeline as prior years and notify entrants come late August. Still doesn't explain the "almost finished reading" line, though.

Comment

They announced the semifinalists yesterday on the Nick Writing Facebook page. Did any DDers make the list?

Comment

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
                They announced the semifinalists yesterday on the Nick Writing Facebook page. Did any DDers make the list?
                No luck this year with my Portlandia spec. Though to be fair, it was a spec they specifically told me not to send (as a follow-up) last year.
                "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Working...
                X