Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundance Episodic Story Lab

Did anyone else enter this? Wondering if they'll have a second round of interviews, etc.

Re: Sundance Episodic Story Lab

"For the inaugural year of the Lab, the Institute will consider applicants by invitation only. Institute staff will source applicants through extensive outreach to a network of alumni, mentors, industry sources and other artist support programs and diversity initiatives. An open application process will be considered for future years."

I was not invited

Comment

I submitted. They said that they would notify by August 15th. They didn't say anything about interviews; however, I'd assume that interviews--if any--would be held mid-to-late July.

Since it's the first year, it's hard to say what the process will be from here on out. Best of luck to you!

Comment

Thanks! You too!

Comment

My understanding is that some interviews/meetings have begun. I don't know if they are second round interviews, but I suspect they simply won't have time to meet with everyone who applied - so perhaps the meeting in and of itself is something of a second round or finalist thing.

Comment

Ah, I haven't heard anything. Guess I'm out then!
            Thanks for the info!

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. As I said, I'm not positive - other than knowing some meetings have begun. They've been a bit cagey with this process. Good luck!

Comment

Applied and haven't heard anything. Someone above mentioned that interviews started a few weeks ago--has anyone been contacted?

Comment

Not I!

Comment

I heard that they notified the Sundance Screenplay lab second rounders already. I've heard nothing about the Episodic Story lab. However, given that the finalists are being notified by August 15th--they've probably already contacted those in contention.

Comment

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
                      I heard that they notified the Sundance Screenplay lab second rounders already. I've heard nothing about the Episodic Story lab. However, given that the finalists are being notified by August 15th--they've probably already contacted those in contention.
                      FWIW, I've been a Sundance second rounder in the past, as have some friends, and the Lab has been known to notify second rounders on a rolling basis, i.e., one person might get a "Congrats!" email on July 25th, another on August 13th. No idea whether it's the same this year, either for the Screenplay Lab or for Episodic.

Comment

The FAQs say: "We will notify everyone of our final decision of the writers selected for the Lab by August 15, 2014" so they must be in the process of interviewing now.

Comment

Emails went out today. Any DDers make the cut?

Comment

Nope

Comment

I didn't make it either. Does anyone know someone who made it?
                              www.imdb.me/alexlora
                              www.alexlora.com
                              www.facebook.com/alexloracercos

Comment

Working...
                              X