No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin

Originally posted by GregBrainos View Post
    Second-rounded with a half-hour spec. Is that something to mention when looking for an agent/manager?
    For a spec for an existing show you're going to have a hard time getting read no matter what you put in the email. Not many reps want to read spec TV episodes because the industry has transitioned to reading so much original material. Every blue moon you get asked to submit a spec for old school showrunners, but that's rare.

Specs are usually good for the TV writing programs that the studio's have each year so that might be something.

I'm not saying you can't try, but I would be surprised if anyone read them anymore unless you're already a client and need a spec in your portfolio just in case.
    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Holmes View Post
      Is there any type of medicine you can load up on to make it through? They've been at the Driskill for years and I'd bet unless they outgrow it enough to get to the Convention Center, it'll be there for a while.

The things I've gotten out of Austin over the last two years are the contact with other writers who are in the same boat and rubbing elbows with the impressive list of pro writers who give of their time and do the panels. Industry pros who know their stuff and pay it forward. Very little to do with the competition or the awards.

Hard to quantify if you'll get $1000 worth of value out of it, but I was surprised at how much I learned and how approachable the giants of the industry were.
      No, wish there was. Can't take Steroids, the drug of choice for asthma, so have to avoid the cute furry creatures. Hoping it will be a moot point soon (i.e., hoping to make a sale :>) )

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuffin View Post
        No, wish there was. Can't take Steroids, the drug of choice for asthma, so have to avoid the cute furry creatures. Hoping it will be a moot point soon (i.e., hoping to make a sale :>) )
        Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Holmes View Post
          Good luck!
          :-) I live in eternal hope, as do many writers. Some scripts out there being looked at, never know when lightening will strike.

Comment

I know this is the Austin thread, but I finaled in Page today, so I am frigging ecstatic right now, having a script that is both an Austin semifinalist and a Page finalist. More like astounded, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by anxt View Post
              I know this is the Austin thread, but I finaled in Page today, so I am frigging ecstatic right now, having a script that is both an Austin semifinalist and a Page finalist. More like astounded, actually.
              Major Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by anxt View Post
                Yay!

Comment

Working...
                X