Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Final Destination 4: 3-D"

You knew it was coming...and, man, I couldn't care less.

Re: "Final Destination 4: 3-D"

I swear, I'm just curious, so Done Deal please don't delete me...

That said: Am I the only one who's bothered by J over's endless link posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Shari Hari View Post

You are not the only one.

They aren't discussions. They are like an RSS feed. They are very cold and impersonal to be blunt.
      Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Speaking of the RSS feed, is anybody else sick of those too? I click on "new posts" every day, and I'm faced with endless "non-union comedy writer (anywhere) wanted" threads.

Moan over.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
          You knew it was coming...and, man, I couldn't care less.
          And, man, you cared enough to start a thread about it.
          Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

I like the franchise... they're like some very nihilistic form of slapstick comedy.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Woohoo, glad it's not just me whose got J-Overload.

J-Over: Is there anything we can do to beg you to ease up? Anything at all?

I mean, anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                I like the franchise... they're like some very nihilistic form of slapstick comedy.

I don't know how anyone can find much in the way of value (or anything else, really) in either the second or third movie.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can find much in the way of value (or anything else, really) in either the second or third movie.
                  I respect your right to an opinion...

But this is what these list posts are really about from my POV.

They allow you to state your opinion disguised as a headline which pretty much negates any real conversation. It's a very crafty and subtle argumentative technique.

Like I said, you don't really like to interact. Rather, you like to interact, but on your terms. Plus, you never seem to like anything you post about... So why do it?

I think you are afraid of real debate and this is why you post these lists rather than just state your opinion and go from there. I apologize if I am getting personal (and you probably have me on ignore), but what you do is considered SPAM on most message boards...
                  Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Originally posted by Shari Hari View Post

If his posts bother you so much, simply put him on ignore.

While I usually don't click on his posts myself (because I've read the info elsewhere), at least he's contributing to the site by posting information which is more than I can say for YOU. I liken your dimissive (if not outright hostile) drive-by posts to turd dropping from a passing airplane.

When you've actually contributed to the site, Shari Hari, you can talk. Until then...

Comment

I am not a drive-by turd!

happy thanksgiving!

Comment

Well, I can understand that from the POV of some horror film fans... the understated comedy of the first one became more overt in the next two, and that's anathema to some purists.

I don't mind the mix, as long as it is balanced well and the two forms actually work. That said, I don't feel two elements mixed well in the third one and it was hit or miss in the second.

But while the first entry was inarguably the better horror film, I thought the second one was more entertaining.

The interstate smashup of the second one was easily (in my opinion as someone that appreciates onscreen mayhem) the most brilliantly executed setpiece of the franchise, and of horror... and something that in itself transcended the genre. It was operatic in scope and exceptionally well-handled.

The buildup leading to the pileup and the payoff at the end were also virtuoso... too bad most of the rest of the film didn't sustain that cleverness.

But the punchline at the end of the film was deliriously twisted, the perfect way to exit the movie.
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Master of Horror View Post
                          If his posts bother you so much, simply put him on ignore.

While I usually don't click on his posts myself (because I've read the info elsewhere), at least he's contributing to the site by posting information which is more than I can say for YOU.

Thank you.

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
                          I respect your right to an opinion...

But this is what these list posts are really about from my POV.

They allow you to state your opinion disguised as a headline which pretty much negates any real conversation. It's a very crafty and subtle argumentative technique.

Like I said, you don't really like to interact. Rather, you like to interact, but on your terms. Plus, you never seem to like anything you post about... So why do it?

I think you are afraid of real debate and this is why you post these lists rather than just state your opinion and go from there. I apologize if I am getting personal (and you probably have me on ignore), but what you do is considered SPAM on most message boards...

I am not afraid of a "real debate" nor have I just been doing this to "cleverly disguise" my opinions in the news. I've (again) started these threads to get people talking about the subject at hand and see where others stand on it.

Also, I post about many things that I like besides things that I don't (and just because I don't like something doesn't make it any less worthy to talk about).

Comment

I can see where people are coming from as sometimes "J" just pounds us with new trailer links and news etc. But I've found a lot of his links useful and entertaining, and the guy may not like a lot of films, but he's always out there, trawling, searching for the latest trailers and gossip. And it's always in DD's best interest (at least from what I can tell).

I occassionally post the odd link here and there too, and I'd probably post more if I had the time.

Plus in J's defense I've traded with him on numerous occassions and I've always found him to be honest and trustworthy. And when he tells you he's gonna do something - he does (although I'm still waiting for him to reply to my PM - wink, wink, nudge, nudge )
                            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                              I've never been really bothered by them. I can easilly sit through one and laugh my guts away at the absurdity. But I guess that's half the charm.

I like the premise too - 20-something teens desperately trying to avoid and outsmart Death itself.
                              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Working...
                              X