Any success stories from the Black List (Pilots)?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any success stories from the Black List (Pilots)?

I haven't really heard about any success stories since the launch of the pilot spec section of the Black List. Anyone experience any rep interest etc.?

Re: Any success stories from the Black List (Pilots)?

JoJo?

Comment

I know of at least one writer signing with a manager based on their pilot. Unfortunately I've been asked not to share specifics until that manager takes a rewritten version of that pilot out to the town.

I can also say that this will be at least somewhat moot come Monday late morning. Big news coming.

Comment

I know of another. A friend with a top-rated pilot has signed and has some news coming soon (fingers crossed.) Although it's not with the same pilot, that's what opened the door for a different pilot.

Comment

Was actually just informed of another signing this morning by the writer. Not sure if it's the same one, but I'm told they're soon to be taking out the pilot that was hosted on the site, so it sounds like the number be at least three.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
            I can also say that this will be at least somewhat moot come Monday late morning. Big news coming.
            You are a big tease, FL.

Comment

Franklin, I see that you've announced the TNT Diversity Initiative. Maybe I'm dense, but I haven't been able to locate any information regarding the submission period.

Comment

See bolded section for submission period:

The Black List is pleased to announce a partnership with TNT & TBS to identify writers from diverse backgrounds who have not made more than $250K for their writing over the last decade for possible blind script deals and staffing consideration on TBS original comedies and TNT original dramas.

"As we continue to expand the original programming lines for TNT and TBS, it's important that we forge partnerships not only with established producers but also with fresh talent,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "We're confident that through this initiative with the Black List, we're going to find an abundance of exciting, highly creative work from a wide array of emerging writers."

Beginning today, writers with screenplays and teleplays hosted on the Black List website can opt into consideration. On April 4, 2014, the Black List will select a short list of five finalists in both comedy and drama based on the data gathered about each script during its time hosted on the website. Each finalist will then provide a professional resume and one page personal statement that will be shared with TBS and TNT development and production executives. The networks will then have the option to offer blind script deals. The list of finalists may also be shared with TBS and TNT’s current showrunners, who will have the option to offer staff positions.

To be considered, simply opt in during the script upload process or on your My Scripts page.

Comment

I was dense.

Thank you!
                  Last edited by Rochée Jeffrey; 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                    JoJo?
                    Nothing for me.....
                    "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Has anyone read through the Turner Diversity forms yet?

Any notable restrictions, options, etc.?

Comment

I did. There's an exclusivity/first-look clause that writers may want to read very closely. I just asked Franklin for clarification on it in the other thread that is dedicated to this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
                          I did. There's an exclusivity/first-look clause that writers may want to read very closely. I just asked Franklin for clarification on it in the other thread that is dedicated to this opportunity.
                          To avoid this very issue, the Black List provides users with opportunity to withdraw their submission by opting out of the program at any time prior to the submission deadline. Once a user has opted-out of the program, that user is no longer eligible for consideration for the Blind Deal.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks, Franklin! I always appreciate how quickly you respond to our questions, and how transparent you are about the Blacklist site and what you're hoping to accomplish with it.

Sounds like a great opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by celticbeauty View Post
                              Good to know. Thanks, Franklin! I always appreciate how quickly you respond to our questions, and how transparent you are about the Blacklist site and what you're hoping to accomplish with it.

Sounds like a great opportunity!
                              Happy to clarify.

Favor to ask, currently traveling and having an impossible time replying to your comment over at Bitter Script Reader via my iPhone. Any change you could update with a reply or additional comment with the exact text of my response. If not, no worries. Will try to do it as soon as I'm back at my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                              X