Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound of a flamethrower

How would you describe the sound of a flamethrower in words?

I have found KROOOOOSHHH in a dictionary, which somehow does not sound okay to me - I don't know.

Would SHWROOOOSHHH be acceptable?

Any other suggestions?

Re: Sound of a flamethrower

Having heard one, it's almost a roar. There are two ways to do it, one is to use a verb (e.g. roar) and the other is to use a phonetic description such as the ones you have. It really doesn't matter though. If you've specified a flame thrower the appropriate sound will be used in the audio mix, so don't overthink it.
    "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

So a ROARING WOOOOSH!!!
      You know Jill you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month, he must have been a happy man.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidK View Post
        It really doesn't matter though. If you've specified a flame thrower the appropriate sound will be used in the audio mix, so don't overthink it.
        Great, thanks.

My character is inside of a body bag. She thinks she just escaped quarantine and has no idea she landed in a place to be - burned.

The next thing she hears (inside of her body bag) is this hideous sound ----

Would it be too much if I add - "as if the Niagara Falls opened above her head?-

Comment

Originally posted by UneducatedFan View Post
          So a ROARING WOOOOSH!!!
          Thanks.

I'll add it to my list.

Comment

Working...
          X