Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also slept with Bill Goldman (but I was dressed in women's clothing, and had recently waxed my chest, so he probably didn't know).

Can I ask why any of this would ever be important? I've had about a half hour conversation with Jack Nicholson, got beers all night for Sean Young at a party, and a couple of weeks ago Sara Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze, jr were sitting at the table next to mine in Priscillas locking lips. None of it matters.

What matters isn't me.
    Or people I may know.
    Or people I may claim to know.

The only thing that matters is what's on the page.

We're screenwriters, dammit! And don't you forget that!

- Bill (not as rousing as that speech in Henry V, but the best I could do)

Comment

Holy Sh!t

Bill.

Sarah Michelle and Freddy Prinze are an item? When did this happen? (Whilst was i out of the country one assumes)

I'm off to retreat into an auratic enclave of bitterness and jealousy.

On reflection I prefer Faith the slayer, anyway.

Sorry, just warbling. Ignore.

Vampyre :[

Comment

Freddie and Sarah sitting in a tree

They've been an item for a while. They were lip locked until their friends showed up. Then they talked about Sarah finally buying a wallet (she has never owned one before) because her handbag was such a mess. She said she now feels like an adult because she has her money, credit cards, and drivers license all in one place. Then they talked about credit cards for a while... If I'd have remembered you were a Buffy fan, I'd have taken notes and paid better attention. I was trying to work and they were sitting inches away from me (when I left my table for a minute, I had to ask Freddie to scoot in a little bit so that I could pass).

Sarah looks normal. I was surprised when I met Heather Graham last year (she was with Ed "not kooky" Burns) at how plain she looked (except for her eyes). I know women who are more beautiful in person... but don't look as good on camera.

Sorry I couldn't remember more.

- Bill

Comment

Re: Freddie and Sarah sitting in a tree

You must have caught Heather on an off day, cause I've met her a few times and everytime she's been stunning.

What's Ed "not kooky" Burns? What does the "not kooky" refer too?

Comment

vampyre and sarah?

she must slay him!

Comment

Ed "not kookie" Burns

77 Sunset Strip - the actor who played the parkinglot kid was named Ed "Kookie" Burns, which is why the non-kookie burns is Edward.

There were a couple of hit songs about how cute Ed "Kookie" Burns was (really). He was kind of a James Van Der Beek of the late 1950s.

Of course, all of this was before I was born... but I know about all of the private eye, cop, and mystery shows on TV and radio. "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar", "The Whistler", etc. I can give you the plots for Suspense radio theater episodes, too. I also know crime pulp magazines. I love that stuff.

Of course, I know a lot about movies, too... but that's my job.

- Bill

Comment

Re: DS

"Return to our writerly guise"? Isn't that the very same crap that spewed from your anus like mouth and pissed most of us off in the first place? Well if the choice is my usual battle dress or your flippant guise, (god you need a bitch slapping) sword please!
                You are so obviously a stroke who needs the last word, well as far as I'm concerned sir you've officially made the top of my "people to crush list", the short list. Hey' Vamp I think you're off the hook!

Roxanne BATTLE

Comment

Re: DS

Roxanne, you are such a delicate flower. (wink)

Comment

Famous people....

Everyone else has gotten to mention the famous people they have met, I must put my two cents worth in here because I met several really great actors while working at a Hotel in Richmond, VA. I was the front office manager so they called me directly when the wanted something.

I became pretty tight with Linda Hamilton. She and I would hang out and drink beer after a long day. She was a guest at the hotel for a few months. She is super - very down to earth and because of my naivity (non-groupy personality), I had no idea she was anyone famous til someone told me. I had seen a lot of her movies, but didn't recognize her in person and didn't recognize the name.

I also met Charlie Sheen. He tried to give me $20 for finding his baseball bat. I refused the money - he shoved it in my hand anyway...I felt like a moron! He stayed at the hotel a lot and so I ended up chatting with him quite often...I think it was during his drug days tho. He didn't seem quite with it.

I met Sinbad. He's just great! Very friendly to everyone. I watched as they filmed First Kid and then later hung out with Sinbad.

I met Kato Kaylin (spelling) who is not really a celebrity -but more a goober who was trying to gain fame from OJ's situation. He walked in one day acting all @#%$y and came to the desk, where I happened to be walking by, and asked if anyone had been looking for him. I asked him who is was...he was shocked.

I met a guy off of the Young and Restless (Brad...don't remember his real name). He was so full of himself that I had to laugh. He's much shorter in person than I would have guessed. He came to his door wearing nothing (hiding behind the door) after calling downstairs for a tooth brush.

I got into a terrible arguement with Sam Waterston (Law and Order)...long story, but he called me later and apologized for his "prima Donna" behavior and so I offered to give him a much needed ride to the airport, which he accepted, but then I sent him by hotel Limo. Turned out he was nice too.

I spoke with Walker, Texas Ranger...(dern what is his name?...Aaron something...shoot!). Anyway - didn't get to see him, but arranged for a babysitter for him.

That's all I can think of, but there were quite a few more. I'm not bragging, just sharing stories.

Tina

Comment

Re: Famous people....

I saw Don Knotts once. He's skinny.

Comment

I'd like to know...

... aside from Readers, aside from Industry, what people have read DS's work, what genre of work that was, and how they reacted to it.

Because if it bombs with the audience, it bombs, period.

And since he broached the topic of comedy, if they laugh, then the writer has done something right, and beneficial.

How many reactions, DS? And what were those reactions?

Comment

Re: HHHRRRSSSCCCHHH!!!

And you show us everything you got! You keep and dancin' and the room gets hot! You drive us wild, you drive us crazy!

Comment

Working...
                          X