Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackingB 2016 | Now Open for Busine$$

I'm not questioning the legitimacy of this contest, I know it's the real deal Holyfield. But did anyone happen to catch the early entry fee? Early entry is now $95!!! Holy cow. Late entry is $125. Keep in mind your entry doesn't come with an ounce of feedback or comments. Writers aren't even granted a personal email saying "sorry, your script didn't advance to the top 8."
    Entry in the Nicholl WITH comments is cheaper. A Blacklist evaluation is $5 more, but at least there's transparency. You know exactly where your script stands and how it scored. I'm sorry, but for that amount of money, the LEAST Adam could do is include reader comments/scores/or whatever rubric they use to evaluate the scripts. I've never harped about transparency in the past, truthfully I didn't care, but if I'm paying $95 to play the reader lottery, you best be sure I wanna know my script wasn't tossed after 10 pages.
    Needless to say I won't be entering this year, I wish the best of luck to those who do, but I fear this contest will only appeal to scribes with deep pockets, while those with much more talent are unfortunately priced out.
    Besides limiting the number of entrants, what's the justification for the price hike...? It's not like the winners receive a cash prize.
    FADE IN:
    PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
    NEVER FADE OUT.

Re: TrackingB 2016 | Now Open for Busine$$

nobody ever went broke underpricing the entry fees to screenwriting competitions. they could triple the fees and 95% of the entrants would still pay. if it's high for you, don't enter

Comment

Re: TrackingB 2016 | Now Open for Busine$$

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
      nobody ever went broke underpricing the entry fees to screenwriting competitions. they could triple the fees and 95% of the entrants would still pay. if it's high for you, don't enter
      Thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty sure I've already stated I won't be entering.
      FADE IN:
      PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
      NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Working...
      X