Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sigh... it's Happening Again

I just watched (500) Days of Summer and liked it a lot. The best part is SPOILERS the ending where he meets cute with "Autumn". What a gorgeous specimen. But holy God did I roll my eyes that her name was Autumn. Yeah, lots of eye-rolling moments actually. But lots of other moments where I was like "****, I've been there man!"

Comment

So I'm beginning to think maybe it's me.
      to assume that every movie is for every body is ridiculous. whether we like or love a flick (or actor) is all relative and shouldn't be based on what other people say about it. i'm sure we all have one or many really bad flick(s) that we love so much that they're ashamed to admit it. it goes both ways. me - i will never ever pay to watch a harry potter flick ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
        to assume that every movie is for every body is ridiculous.
        Okay, fair enough. But Harry Potter or any of its sequels (to use your example) is the kind of movie I would never go and see knowing full well up front it's not for me. Whereas "Up in the Air" and "500 Days" both seemed right up my alley based on the trailers, the reviews and in Up in the Air's case, the people involved. For me anyway, there's a level of disappointment when I don't enjoy a movie like I hoped I would, especially the ones that so many people are raving about. Part of me wonders if I missed something and maybe I need to check out those movies again and give them a second shot.

In any case, Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by nuvuefilms View Post
          The Hurt Locker is best movie of the year.
          A bona fide tour de force.
          I do hope The Hurt Locker cleans up, on the merits & because it could use the awards love.

Comment

Originally posted by dexter View Post
            I do hope The Hurt Locker cleans up, on the merits & because it could use the awards love.
            I totally agree. Just got the screener too so I can't wait to watch it again. Just not on Christmas!

Comment

Working...
            X